Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My handbreak is total gash, If i stop on a slope I have to pull it up till it clicks 3times or else I move. Also if I stop on a hill and someone gets in/out my car it creeks so bad. I don't think its normal for it to make such a noise everytime you move in or out on a hill.

Should I just book it in to a vx garage? Is this covered by the warranty?

Cheers

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
3 clicks is about normal.

Corsa handbrakes are **** from the factory i wouldn't worry about it too much. Just tighten it from the drums and leave it in gear if you're worried.

If it creeks, pull it up another click.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
3 clicks is about normal.

Corsa handbrakes are **** from the factory i wouldn't worry about it too much. Just tighten it from the drums and leave it in gear if you're worried.

If it creeks, pull it up another click.
Agreed. Make sure you dont pull it up too much though! I done this and ripped the handbrake right up, had to get a new cable etc fitted :thumbs:

·
Registered
26,940 Posts
suggested amount of clicks by a garage is 3 to 5 so you are fine there

regarding the creaking this is something with all corsas. one thing to put your mind at rest, if you are in the car with others let them all leave while you sit in the car with foot brake on as well for bit of reassurance and leave it in gear when you leave it, 1st if face uphill, reverse if facing down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.