Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an issue.
My car is struggling to start. There is a strong crank, and it eventually gets there. Upon checking fuel pressure, it runs steady at 50psi, but drops to zero after a few seconds with the engine off. Additionally, the fuel pump isn't priming, as pressure stays at zero when I turn the key (however I think this is a separate problem).

To test where the pressure is leaking, I clamped the fuel line just before the engine fuel rail, and turned the car off at the same time. The pressure still dropped at the same rate, this suggests that the pressure leak is located at the fuel rail end of the system, and not at the tank end. If the leak was at the tank end, the pressure would stay high until the clamp was released.

So my question is, what can be the cause of the fuel pressure drop? A faulty injector? The car seems to run fine once it has started.

Car- 2006 1.2L Twinport Corsa

Thanks very much in advance, past experience or more testing methods are very welcome.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Most likely blown fuel hose inside fuel tank. I don’t believe your test method.
You could of activate fuel pump without engine running, for example using bi-directional diag tester, hack, you could of even turn on the fuel pump relay with a test lamp or even double hack, put a piece of wire instead of a relay. But if you don’t know how it works, you can fry the ecu, that’s why I like the bi-directional controls. I’m yet to see an injector dumping 3.8bar don’t know the flow into the cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts