Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey again..

has anyone changed their brake pads on their corsa themselves?
jus got my car back from a service and they said my pads are 95% worn, do i want em replacing.. so i asked how much and they said £90!!! i said f* that and picked me up some for £15 on the way home lol

anyways im gonna change em on sunday, jus wonderin if anyone's changed em before, easy job? wanna give me a quick run through if you have?

cheers for the help :wink:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Got mine changed at a local garage, and he said that they were a new type and a little bit diff. Never had this prob before, but then never bought a new model car before either.

Don't know what the diff is, but beware, as it may not be as simple as first thought out. :?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
done mine on my corsa.

pretty simple really lol... cant really mind all the steps to take, but pbasically , pop out the old pads, put new ones in , then go for a wee beddign in session.

not really much help eh :oops: :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I had some new ones out on at just a local garage didnt charge much to fit em as I had alreadu got some new pads from my local motor factors.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yeah done mine myself really easy job.infact i'm changing mine tommorow again so will do a tutorial if you want

S

·
0 Posts
paul sxi said:
yeah done mine myself really easy job.infact i'm changing mine tommorow again so will do a tutorial if you want
Yer a tutorial would be a good idea! See if you can take a couple of pix while doing it too and mail it to me ad I can put it in teh tutorials section on here. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
im fittin a set of ebc turdo groove discs and g stuff pads tomorrow,does any one rate them,the set cost me £135

·
Registered
62 Posts
My dad did mine as he's a mechanic, he said that they were pretty straight forward :)

Vauxhall told me that i needed new pads and discs, they quoted me £130 plus labour and vat. I just laughed and walked out :lol: My pads were only £15 and it turned out that my discs didn't need changing :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts