Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i've got a sony cdx-mp40. it works well apart from every time i start my engine it resets the unit and ejects my cd. i've heard on the kenwood u jst need to swticth a couple of wires round but havnt heard anything bout sony.
help wud be much appreciated. cheers

·
Registered
729 Posts
You may find that the ignition supply you have to the HU disappears whilst the engine is cranking. May need to be a permanent ign supply (if you know what I mean!).

·
Registered
729 Posts
It'l be worth checking with a multimeter first to see if that is the problem.

If it is, then check other wires that are available to the radio, failing that, you may have to take a feed direct from the ignition.

There are loads of others with more experience of fitting corsas on here, I'm just telling you what I've seen in the past (I fit radio comms, tracking & SatNav in Ambulances!)

·
Registered
379 Posts
mate,look at the wires on the connector block on the back of ur headunit. Switch the yellow and red ones around. they should have a split in the middle,so u can swap them around. that should solve ur problem. its all in the manual,take a look in there if u dont know what im on about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
johnny 5 said:
mate,look at the wires on the connector block on the back of ur headunit. Switch the yellow and red ones around. they should have a split in the middle,so u can swap them around. that should solve ur problem. its all in the manual,take a look in there if u dont know what im on about.

YES!! This will work on kenwood... and maybe with other source unit... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts