Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, one of my headlights has developed condensation inside it and most people have recommended either a heat gun or a hairdryer in the back after removing the bulbs but given the complexity of getting into a Corsa light without removing the bumper does anyone else have any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,339 Posts
no other easy way other then leaving the lights on

but need to take it off & split/reseal them tbh

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
As above. I have a Modus in Spain (that requires the bumper off to replace a bulb, never mind take the unit out) and gave it a jet wash during a relatively cold, winter here. That resulted in an annoying condensation issue. It vanished completely after a Malaga summer but should go in yours with a lot of lights-on driving. It would take a bit of ache to prise the lenses off and you'd probably get more frequent occurrences after. Let water+heat=vapour do the job for you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have split one of my spare headlights apart to fix a broken adjusting mechanism. I read somewhere that (iirc original GM) headlights are pain in the ass to split, as the glue does not melt so you have to soften the plastic housing and then cut the glue with a knife. Mine was Depo however, and the glue was melting using a hot air gun. Later on i used a bitumen sealant to assemble it.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Parting GM lights seems to involve 10 mins in an oven to soften them up (I saw more than one YT video) and then they need re-sealing. It isn't very technical, but it is a faff. I would at least try lights on first (thank goodness filament lamps are 90% heat and 10% light, in this instance).

·
Registered
43 Posts
They can't be completely sealed units. It must be possible to at least cycle the air with something like an airbed pump when it's warm weather. If the lights are dim it could be the bulbs aren't in properly. When I got my car I found both sides the dipped lights were practically useless because the previous owner had been unable to put the bulbs in right.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
When this happened to our zafira I just put some tinfoil over the headlight, removed the rear rubber boots and turned them on for a bit. Worked a treat. Just watch it dont get too hot. I left the rubbers out and never had a problem again.

·
Registered
2005 Corsa C 1.0 Life
106 Posts
Correct solution would be to pull the light housing and dehumidify them

Personally I'd be inclined to pull a bulb and insert a tampon, run the lights for a little to get them up to temp, then shut off and allow to cool, tampon will absorb most of the moisture in the headlight housing, then you can re-install the bulb and ensure the cap is firmly attached the correct way up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts