Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble with the headlights of my Opel Corsa C utility.
The high beams stay on, without the headlight switch in the on position or the ignition switched on. When you remove the high beam relay it switches off. Even if you remove the headlight switch completely the high beams remain on.

I discovered that a brown/yellow wire from the high beam relay(terminal 85) receives a constant earth from the BCM (Body Control Module) which keeps the relay energized. What causes that to happen?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If the fault is still there with both the head lamp switch and indicator stalk both disconnected the fault will either be in the BCM itself or a shorted wire somewhere in the loom possibly under the dash?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the fault is still there with both the head lamp switch and indicator stalk both disconnected the fault will either be in the BCM itself or a shorted wire somewhere in the loom possibly under the dash?
Thanks for the input.
You see I had the BCM fixed - problems with A/C, indicators etc. I`ve raised this with the electronics guys he also suggested that there might be a short in the system. I`ve checked most if not all possible causes. One thing that will probably help, if I could read about the function of the BCM in this vehicle. Perhaps reading material of how it works.
Regards.
Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts