Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an SXI and i've got the standard cd player in it, but would anybody recommend me getting a head unit??The thing i don't like is that you have a gap underneath it when you take the standard one out,what are the advantages of having one?I've got some 6x9's in the rear, would a new headunit make a big difference to the sound??
Cheers
J

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If you ever want to get a sub you will need anew head unit. You cant run a sub properly off the standard head unit.

Aftermarket units higher outputs to the speakers, you have more control over sound, and there are more gadgety features with them. However, the standard one does suit the car, and if you have no plans of getting a sub then I wouldnt bother upgrading. Spend the money on something else :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh well i want some alloys first i think!The sound in my car's already pretty sweet anyway!
Cheers
J

·
Registered
31 Posts
I changed the standard cd player for a JVC head unit - I don't like the big space underneath either but u can buy a piece of black plastic which fits into the space to cover it up(i know it doesn't sound very nice but it looks fine). Mine's is only a single disc unit so u press a button and the front flips down and it's got a cool movie player thing when ur playing a cd! However, it just so happens that i was driving along the motorway yesterday when smoke (and i mean a lot of smoke) as well as a burning smell started pouring out from behind the unit! After realising that it was the Cd player and not the engine that was burning I pulled it out and took it back to Halfords along with my receipt and it's now goin to England to be repaired (should get it back in 7 days) Perhaps u should buy a KENWOOD or SONY unit if my experience is anything to go by! :lol:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I think they mean they're just leaving a gap under the stereo, and not using the double-DIN to DIN facia adaptor. Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
If you aint up to adding amps and subs yet, leave the HU till later mate.
You seem happy enough with the noise it belts out now with your 6x9's so go for the wheels instead :wink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh cheers. Change your pic back to the old one, keep thinking its someone else!
I'm sure i come on here too much! :lol: Wheels it is then!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts