Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Corsa C 1.4 Twinport
Ok - so a while back I tried to fit a new heater matrix (HM), thinking it would be an easy task - it was't for me!
The new HM did not marry up to the inlet and outlet pipes - I got ebayed 馃槅
So I flushed the old one and popped it back in.
However, it was impossible to get the pipes to seat fully into the HM again, and to fit the big black plastic clip that holds everything tight was just not happening.
So I'm left with a terribly leaky HM - coolant going all over the place. Probably about 2 litres a month.

Are there any simple ways to seal the connection between the metal hoses that feed into the HM?
I'm thinking maybe some kind of heat shrink wrap, silicone or even fitting some plumbing connectors haha!

Thanks very much for any help

Registered
Hmm, there've been a few heater matrix problem threads in the last few months but not with your issue. Hang in for some advice from better-qualified members here. Sounds like you'll need it - 2litres/month is quite a bit. The only potential help I can offer is that this tutorial for a matrix swap might point out something you've missed...

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, there've been a few heater matrix problem threads in the last few months but not with your issue. Hang in for some advice from better-qualified members here. Sounds like you'll need it - 2litres/month is quite a bit. The only potential help I can offer is that this tutorial for a matrix swap might point out something you've missed...
Thanks a lot for your reply.
I followed that tutorial - it was very good and I would've got the job done but I couldn't get the pipes to go back in.
So now I'm just looking for a good way to 'bodge' it! 馃槀

Registered
With luck, some really good advice will kick in tomorrow. I'm one of those people who makes even the simple stuff go wrong so I hand over that sort of work to the hydraulic ramp and 拢拢/hour people without even attempting but others on here might well know exactly where you've slipped up.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so it doesn't look like anyone here has any advice to offer... But... I may have a rather crafty solution to this issue involving epoxy, hozelocks (yes, from the garden) and hosepipes.

Stay tuned for a new discussion if this works.

Waiting on the epoxy to cure, then will fit the new matrix with hose modification...

Registered
Yes, sorry that no-one's been in your situation with a fix, but it would be helpful for future passers-by if you post up your solution. Look forward to the update.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the HM is a horrible design, and very very difficult to get the pipes to make a waterproof and pressure proof connection, so I'm modifying the whole thing

Registered
At 08:00 I started working with the tis2000 instructions printed. Within 1h there was nothing left where the dashboard was, by 13:00 all was back with new heater matrix. Take plus minus some time, it鈥檚 been a while back.

6C4B0B51-FE0D-40C0-9AA5-F51F1E67FEA4.jpeg B0C6D3F8-972B-4805-831E-F32ECB4FF508.jpeg C9C2118B-E189-41DA-A0CC-F3513CF9E729.jpeg 574BF9CA-C153-4ED3-8A8F-6924581C7203.jpeg 843F6665-A8F6-4410-AAC9-71AEC73FD56E.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
馃槀馃槀
No way I'm taking my entire car apart to get a heater matrix on - but good work! You're clearly better at car stuff than me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts