Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noob question here: Just swapped out the 2 bulbs in my heater panel for blue ones. The buttons, when engaged, are orange.

Is there a way to make the buttons light up blue as well? (do I need to remove something / require additional bulbs..?)

Bonus question: is there a way to make the CD30 radio unit light up blue as well? By default it glows orange too.

(screenshot from youtube video)

Cheers :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @ozsubrosa :) So for the radio I'll obviously need the CD30 conversion kit. Have you any idea what product I need to order for the 3 pressable buttons? Haven't tried to pull them off yet to see for myself, don't know if they come off as easily as the turnable heater knobs..

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I don't know but the"whole dash kit" they list on eBay pictured heater controls with blue button lights. That whole kit is said to be PnP so it would be worth contacting them to see if you can have them ordered along with the CD30 ones, which do require soldering.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't cracked open my Tigra buttons yet, they are the same as yours, when I do i'll let you know whats inside and what is required, I am suspecting they will be the same square chip SMDs as the window switches and steering wheel controls.

The cheapest way to get them is buy an Blue LED 501 bulb or festoon bulb and de-solder the chips off, I did the same years ago on my Vectra B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts