Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1377 Posts

·
Wales Organiser
11,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last month, I decided to sell my 1.8SRi to fund my z20let conversion project.

Here's how it looked after some subtle modifications:

Thought it was only sensible to sell it as it was with low miles, to release enough funds to buy a high mileage/non running corsa c and an engine to get me started.

27/7/2012

Went down to purchase a 1.4SRi, again in ultra blue from Carlos down in Coventry

Some of the pics he sent me before I went down to see it:

good points: recent full respray, overall great condition including alloys redone and fresh tyres, drove great for 87k!
bad points: few imperfections in the paint here and there, lacquer runs, front n/s brake caliper sticks, couple of minor things like a hole where the rear wiper was, bonnet release broken and boot didn't lock with CL. Paint flaking on o/s wing. SRi badges and lower grills missing and a chip in the windscreen

flaking on the wing: will get thrown into the bodyshop once the conversion is complete along with full colour code

The morning after I dropped the car off at my mate's house who's a keen car cleaner/causal detailer and did an epic job on cleaning it up for me while I was at work :D he also sorted me out with a de-wipering grommet and fixed my boot issue which was only down to a blown fuse thank god :)

before:

dirty engine bay

after:

some random shots (bonnet popped)

grimy interior before:

after:

only pic I got of it cleaned:

great job :D

also picked up my 1.8 rear beam off Rich (bugonastick) - another top bloke! :yes: and started stripping it down ready for a lick of paint :)

5/8/2012

cleared out the garage and parked up, its new home for the next few months....

started stripping some bits, as much as I could before I could get my hands on an engine crane

7/8/2012

Full purple powerflex kit

Dropped the engine & subframe etc

all out (poor pics...got dark!)

8/8/2012

Stripped down to bare engine

everything so far's gone smoothly, and considering I'm not a mechanic I think i've done well :D

made a bit of a mess when draining the gearbox :haha: my container wasn't quite in the right place :|

13/08/2012

bare engine picked up by buyer

couple of packages arrived too

Warren's conversion kit (hubs, abs rings, new wheel bearings, GM mounts etc)
Boost gauge, oil temp gauge and bailey DV26 thanks to Sri luke

·
Wales Organiser
11,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
22/08/2012

z20let engine package arrived thanks to turbo_chris @ CS AUTOS, many thanks :thumbs:
59k EDS stage 1 remap apparently

a mountain of parts and looms

started stripping

even my dad got involved and helped out clean the bare block :lol:

Also degreased/cleaned most of the bay the other day too, I think I'll go over it with a rattle can to make it look a bit better and sort the rust spots!

That's how things stand at the moment.

Ordered a new gsi radiator off eurocarparts

As soon as Warren comes back off holiday I'll get the next bits ordered:

silicone water/coolant hoses
crossover delete kit
polished breather pipe
tophat and powerpipe

if funds allow this month, then I'll also get a brand new intercooler kit

stay tuned for more updates :)

·
Wales Organiser
50,214 Posts
Just about to sub, cannot wait to see this one. Was happy enough seeing irmy_C's done.
U.b ftw!!

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,690 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,690 Posts
Lol you dont need an oil cooler hef
This is the problem with ppl most days, do something before its needed, prevention is better than a cure my friend, he may not need one straight away I agree but whilst the engine is out, why not then its done for any future mods

1 - 20 of 1377 Posts