Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL MY NAME IS SCOTT AND I LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA I HAVE A CORSA GSI 1.8 (8 VALVE) 5 DOOR 2004 MODEL. I HAVE 16 INCH TSW MAGS WITH 205/45/16 BRIDGESTONE RUBBER ON THEM. I HAVE TITANIUM TINT ON THE WINDOWS WHICH HELPS WITH THE SUN AND AND UV RAYS FROM FADING THE INTERIOR AND HELPS KEEP THE CAR COOL IN THE HEAT. OTHERWISE CAR IS STANDARD AT THE MOMENT.[/img]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HI all my Corsa is a 1800 cc pushing only 80 kilowatts and about 160 neuton meters of torque as its only an 8 valve engine. not sure what that works out to in horse power ?? in south africa we lose power due to the altitude as we are 6000 ft above sea level. Our Corsa's are not of the european design but brazilian if i am not mistaken with only 8 valve jobs and not the 16 valve that you guys have ( how do you post pics then i could show you guys???)

·
Registered
729 Posts
scott said:
HI all my Corsa is a 1800 cc pushing only 80 kilowatts and about 160 neuton meters of torque as its only an 8 valve engine. not sure what that works out to in horse power ?? in south africa we lose power due to the altitude as we are 6000 ft above sea level. Our Corsa's are not of the european design but brazilian if i am not mistaken with only 8 valve jobs and not the 16 valve that you guys have ( how do you post pics then i could show you guys???)
Equivalent to 107.2 BHP compared to the 16v's 125.

To post a pic it must be already hosted on the web and use the
tags in between the url for the pic. If you can't host them then send them to me at: [email protected] and I'll host them for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi there - thats weird tho innit. an 8 valve on a 1.8? i didnt realise there was so much of a difference in car specs between countries! gud luck tho with the modding- see if you can get hold of the uk - TOTAL VAUXHALL mag , its published each month. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello its a pitty about the 8 valve as most other makes of cars here in south africa are 16 valve engines. the astra here is a 16 valve and most of the other models in the astra range are all 16 valve motors so i dont know why they gave the Corsa an 8 valve plant. They might be bringing the opc corsa here whivh i beleive will be quite potent, if they do then i will most certainly buy one. I will see if our news agents have that mag here and i will have a look at it thanks for the tip

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MediaManiac,i have sent my pics of my corsa if you can post them on the forum i would be great ful to you many thanks for the help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.