Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. We have a Corsa C with the z18xe.
this was purchased for a few hundred and wasn’t running at all. It now has a new fuel tank and pump and starts and runs.
I have bought all new maf, o2 sensors, coil pack and plugs (all items OEM) but it continues to miss or struggle under load.it puts out codes P0100 and P0141.

it does NOT have an exhaust at all after the 2nd o2 sensor. It also does not have any air intake before the maf.
Car is destined for the track, will NEVER be registered.

Any hints?? Cheers ✌🏼

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Check the 6 pin power plug for the engine. It is above the gear box. Power to the Lambda's and MAF go through this plug.
Also complete lack of back pressure from having no exhaust can cause Lambda faults.
These Vauxhalls don't like running with cone filters which are free flowing let alone no air filter at all.
I would start by fitting a decent air filter even if that is the standard one and some kind of exhaust and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the 6 pin power plug for the engine. It is above the gear box. Power to the Lambda's and MAF go through this plug.
Also complete lack of back pressure from having no exhaust can cause Lambda faults.
These Vauxhalls don't like running with cone filters which are free flowing let alone no air filter at all.
I would start by fitting a decent air filter even if that is the standard one and some kind of exhaust and see what happens.
Thanks for the tip on the 6 pin connector. I’ll get an exhaust welded up and see if a wrecker has an air intake.

Forgot to mention that we have also re-earthed the maf. 👍🏼

1 - 5 of 5 Posts