Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, after wearinf my vaux OE pads to about 14k miles i decided to change to ebc pad, after that i now find tat when im braking heavily the pedal vibrates up and down, but it doesnt happen when breaking gently what is it? discs bent? would it be due to wearing the old pads down too much, or would it be the new discs? how much would a set of dics cost? ive been told they are about £40 a set from, halfords

·
Registered
114 Posts
sounds like brake judder. could be the discs, get them checked. are all the bolts on the calipers tight? also check wheels bolts and the balancing.
could just be that they're aftermarket pads that have a harder compound and they're not really suited to standard GM discs which will be more softer. i read somewhere that standard discs will wear quicker with pads like those.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could it be air in the brake hose? i dont want another set of disc..i need to mod my car not reapir it, spent about £1k on repairs now god damn i didnt fit them, some1 else did

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i think its the ABS mate, im pretty sure that the pedal vibration is something factory fitted, its a safety feature mate,when i had my accident i absolutly bottomed my brakes and then the pedal started vibrating up and down, i think it explains this in your manual.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds like discs to me. I had similar problem with my old 306. Changed the pads and not the discs and when I used the brakes the pedal would judder.

Get the discs checked mate.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if its the discs, does it mean a new set? how much are they..i think u can get some from halfords? about £40? but will i need to change pads? i have ebc greenstuffs atm, i dont see how new pads did this

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its may not be something that the pads have done, they could be fine. They may have just shown up a problem with the discs. It maybe something simple like the new pads need to bed into the old discs. The discs will have a wear groove on them that doesnt match the new pads.

Do u know any mechanics who could possibly take a look for you?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
brake judder is normally caused by warped discs.you will have to replace discs and pads.nothing really causes it you can warp your discs just by jetwashing them after you have been braking quite alot.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that sucks why do i need to change pads too? its just the discs.....o is there any diff in buying discs from parts companies rather than vauxhall? ie quality wise

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
you need to change the pads because the warped discs cause the pads to wear uneven.meaning that if you fitted them to your new discs chances are that only part of the pad will make contact with the disc causing the discs to fcuk up again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts