Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one knows how to remove the boot handle cause i wanted to colour code it and also any instructions for colour coding will be excellent

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
yep pretty easy job mate open up the boot use a t20 torx screwdriver and take out the 2 screws that are located in the handle you use to pull the boot shut.the panel is on clips so gently pull off the plastic panel.then take a 8mm socket or spanner and undo the 2 8mm nuts then gently pull the boot handle off it's stuck on aswell so don't yank it and that's it one boot handle off :)

S

·
0 Posts
^^ Yep that how you get it off.

To paint sand it down with different grains of wet'n'dry paper (can get from halfords if you aint got any) until it is very smooth and there are no more bumps on the surface. Then prime it, then sand again with a fine wet'n'dry paper (you might want to repeat this a few times, like I did to get a very smooth surface).
Once primer dried, you can then get it sprayed up in the colour of your car.

S

·
0 Posts
cobra148 said:
You can buy the handle ready smoothed and primed for just over £7, saves a bit of work :wink:
Yer thats a better idea! :wink: Probs cost me more than that buying the wet'n'dry paper and primer etc to do mine!

S

·
0 Posts
kash said:
Where from Cob :?:
Probs from Vauxhall, think someone said you can buy the rear boot handle off the new facelift corsa which is already colour-coded :) Well I think this is correct anyway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You can't get them ready colour coded, but you can get them smoothed and primed, ready for painting. They cost a total of £7.34 inclusive of VAT from your local Vauxhall parts counter.
The technical description is G0013122437 HANDLE-TAIL GATE.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yup really easy. i've c/c my own too. i think i done a really good job and it still looks good a year on :D

arghh @ vaux paintin them std now, why didnt they think of it earlier lol

S

·
0 Posts
sunny said:
paul sxi said:
gently pull the boot handle off it's stuck on aswell so don't yank it and that's it one boot handle off :)
is it glued on???
They are stuck on with a kind of stick pad. These two of them, there little circles. Just pull off slowly and will come off.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It's been mentioned in another thread that you CAN get the boot handle colour coded from Vauxhall. Is this correct or is it the smoothed & primed only?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Mediamaniac said:
It's been mentioned in another thread that you CAN get the boot handle colour coded from Vauxhall. Is this correct or is it the smoothed & primed only?
that was me that posted that sorry chaps i was wrong they come in primer like cobra148 said

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does the boot handle need to be stuck back on once it's painted? If so, what kind of adhesive should i use. Sorry if it's a silly question, :oops: but I am new to modding. :)

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Woody said:
Does the boot handle need to be stuck back on once it's painted? If so, what kind of adhesive should i use. Sorry if it's a silly question, :oops: but I am new to modding. :)
no mate it will be fine

S

·
0 Posts
Yer just screw it back on with the 2 screws and it will be fine as Paul said ^^

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok ... done colour coding but the paint turned out to be a little brighter than the rest ... does any1 know how to make it darker? t-cut??? or do i need to wait till the lacquir harden and paint to settle in cause the pic below is just freshly painted and top clear coated (prob less than 2 hrs)

it looks quite good even though the paint turned out brighter but now its much easier waxing lol

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I've tried colour coding a few parts black on my car and I got advice from everywhere on how to spray and I could never get a colour match. It's best to leave it to the pro's. I think the number of coats you spray on determines how good the colour match is??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts