Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, First time posting but I've been following the site for about 6 or 7 months and it's time to post because Vauxhall themselves are of no help!!

I'm currently working on a Corsa C easytronic 2006 for my partner. From what ive gathered, Easytronic is basically a manual gearbox but with an actuator module bolted onto the side and that controls the gear selector electronicly.

I've recently bought an engine from a manual CC with gearbox included. The new engine only has 35k miles as to opposed to my current 137k.

Can I interchange the gear selector from the easytronic onto the manual? It has the fixing holes on the manual box to put the actuator on I'm just unsure on swapping them over? Of course I'd highly prefer to use the new gearbox but if not I suppose I'll have to suck it up and go with the original easytronic gearbox..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You should be able to swap it over but it's going to need the clutch touch point setting with diagnostics and maybe the gear position learn procedure too. Personally if you have a easytronic system that works I'd leave it well alone as they can be a nightmare when they start playing up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou both for you replies. I honestly appreciate the feedback from people that have actually worked with the easytronic system.

My main reason for wanting the new gearbox is that when driving it sometimes needs to be used in manual mode e.g.. climbing hills it nearly hits the red line limiter before changing so it makes more sense to use manual instead of blowing the engine. Once up and over the hills it's fine again.

I've tried topping the transmission fluid up and still the same.

In June this year we had to send the clutch actuator module off to ecutesting to be rebuilt after the dreaded F started. After about a month of having the module refitted it's started to do this.

Any ideas or help will again be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
About a year ago, one or two threads were running with members who had a lot of experience working with the easytronic. I remember enderbyeddie being one of them. Here's a very recent thread and the advice is much the same for you. I've linked a thread search in reverse-date order and I'd suggest sending PMs to the more recent posters.

Although they won't see your posts here unless they log in to look, a PM will generate an email to alert them and you might get a response quicker. I hope so, let us know. If not at least a read through might suggest some ideas to try.

Marks and Cal know a lot more than I do but if your 37k engine also has its manual gearbox attached I'd be tempted to look at going full manual as the S-A (as Easytronic in the Vx and Quickshift in Renault) is a never-ending headache.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If you have had work done to a control unit I would guess it will need re calibrating. Seen similar on other vehicles.
The easytronic is not the best idea and can be very temperamental and get a sulk on if it's fiddled with.
We had 1 but outed it for a 1.4 torque converter type auto box Corsa C. Still have a Meriva 1.6 easytronic but that hardly gets used now as it's so jerky to drive, poor gear shifting and very heavy on fuel. I believe it could do with a software update and full recalibration from what I have seen on other vehicles but the amount we use it the cost is not worth it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The thing to be wary of is that running the touch point adaptation can kill some actuators because they have non flashable software and there's no way to visually tell. ECU testing I think advise against running the TPA so basically stick with what you've got, or convert it to a manual.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I thought it was the gear position they advise against. Last one I fitted needed touch point adjusting but they advised against gear position learn.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BIG BIG BIG NEWBIE MISTAKE I THINK!

on top of my gearbox I have a reservoir which is the transmission fluid right?

When I refitted the actuator I ran dot4 brake an clutch fluid into it instead!

Sooo transmission fluid is red yeah?
What I've used is clear. Is this probably why it's doing the high revs between gears?

Can't f***ing believe the stupidity!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reservoir on top is clutch/brake fluid. You have not done Anything wrong.
It's not mate. The clutch and brake fluid resovoir is up near the window wipers under the plastic sill next to screen wash tank.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Clutch and brake reservoir top left( follow green pipes). obvious coolant tank yellow cap next to fuse box. Clutch fluid box black box in front of coolant. Under that on top of the gearbox is the transmission fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Is that for the transmission fluid?
Yes buddy, you need GM 19 40 182 oil according to this thread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you think using dot 4 will be the reason for extremely high revs between changing gears up hill?

Thank you mate I'll get some tomorrow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also the picture on ths thread show is a different reservoir. It's more of a cap on the one on the thread

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's not mate. The clutch and brake fluid resovoir is up near the window wipers under the plastic sill next to screen wash tank.
I'll have to have a look on tis but from memory I seem to recall brake fluid. The last one I did defo had brake fluid in when it came to me anyway lol. Are we talking about the reservoir which has a pipe on it and goes to the easytronic unit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts