Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Hagus mirrors of eBay and realised that it has been glued on the 3 pins keeping the base plate and mirror together as well as all round the mirror outside. I’ve sanded the outside down but what should I do with the inside of the base plate as it’s covered in glue and I want to do the anti theft screws

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do people still steal Hagus mirrors? I don't think even anti theft screws would stop anyone stealing them literally the same way as ordinary screws, it just means they damage the mirror rather than taking them.

I have a standard SRi, I found the best way to deal with the possibility of someone stealing my mirrors (no one has touched them in nearly 3 years) is to just buy a set of standard non-Hagus Corsa mirrors as cheap as possible and if someone does steal one, or both, or break them trying to steal them, then I'd just take them off and put the standard ones on. Zero temptation after that. I know it'd mean I don't have Hagus mirrors anymore, but no hassle either, not the end of the world.

Having said that, if you must, can you not scrape away the excess glue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi dan

I have now sanded the whole mirror down including the glue with wet and dry sand paper and sprayed them satin black. The base plates look so good now with some fresh paint. Regarding the anti theft screws I didn’t bother as the glue is very sturdy and yes I thought the same. I also have a spare pair of normal corsa c mirrors in case someone tries to steal them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts