Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tempreture in my car boosts up to the red mark within 10mins of driving, i have checked the water levels every time i put in antifreeze (or water), it just runs out within 10mins. There are no leaks at all, i drained and flushed the radiator. But still having the same problem. Can anyone help please??

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
have you turned the car on, on your driveway and tried to see what's happening. That's by far the easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
597 Posts
is there steam coming out of your exhaust? sounds like the same problem i had on my cav.. just a slight crack in the head gasket was letting all the water into piston 4 but none into the oil.. fill it up again and get someone to rev the car while you stand behind and check for steam coming from the exhaust...

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
mine looses water, but i think there is a small leak somewhere, but no way can mine leak so much, so im thinking could mine be the gasket too, im loosing power as well

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
yeah could be the water pump

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is there any way of physically checking if it is the water pump, when i took it down to the local garage he just had a quick glance at it and couldnt find nothing wrong...?

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
take it to a better garage and have them have a good proper look over it even vauxhall

1 - 20 of 26 Posts