Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just wondered if you cud help me i am looking for a new car in the price range topps about £9500
i am undecided between the following

Leon Cupra R

Honda Civic Type R

really dunno which one to have and which colour

hope you all comment to give us a real help

cheers nathan

·
Registered
15,340 Posts
leon, in black

·
Registered
659 Posts
focus rs

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
CTR in red, better handling, better performance(i think) miles better engine, better noise!

few things that let them down is they are low on torque, they dont look as nice either but they are far from a dog and they are associated with boy racers etc. but i dnt understand why people would go for the leon! if your considering buying a CTR, your looking in the 'hot hatch' market obviously, so why go for a 'less hot hatch'?

your young, have a leon a couple of years down the line when you have got a sensible head screwed on!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your right mate should go for civic then have leon later on in life use the vtec it has gottta a better sound as well

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
CTR in red, better handling, better performance(i think) miles better engine, better noise!

few things that let them down is they are low on torque, they dont look as nice either but they are far from a dog and they are associated with boy racers etc. but i dnt understand why people would go for the leon! if your considering buying a CTR, your looking in the 'hot hatch' market obviously, so why go for a 'less hot hatch'?

your young, have a leon a couple of years down the line when you have got a sensible head screwed on!
Are you serious?

The Leon Cupra is quicker than the CTR, somehow not less of a hot hatch..

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Are you serious?

The Leon Cupra is quicker than the CTR, somehow not less of a hot hatch..
ok, like i said, i thought it was faster, but why is it faster, cause its got a turbocharger shoved on, easy way out if you ask me!

ive just had a quick search on parkers and low and behold, the older CTR is quicker than the more powerful leon. its only the 2007 leon that is faster, 0.2 secs faster to 60.

so answer this next question mate, turbocharge a civic, which ones gona be quicker?

any the 'hotness' of a hot hatch isnt all about speed! if it was, thered be one winner, the renault megane 225, so stop talking ******** please!

oh, and by the way, the definition of fast in this is 0-60 times, which is a really crap definition, but seems to be what you are using

1 - 20 of 38 Posts