Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

What corsa should I get?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i migtht get a 1.4 Sri but the insurance would be to high.
Has any body got the performance details for the 1.0 corsa C, is their much difference in performance between the 1.0 and 1.2.
I really like the arospeed rs-gt's. Iv'e seen them in 18's on a honda civic type-r and they look huge. Just imagine how big they would look on a corsa.(stand by for virtual car!) :lol:
Cheers everybody.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1.2 is quite nippy and insurance shouldn't to too bad as it is ins group 3 I think.

Also the 1.2 has twice as many valves as the 1.0 engine.

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
1.0l

60bhp, 0-60 15 secs, max speed 96

1.2l

75bhp, 0-60 12 secs, max speed 106

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where abounce areyou in colchester then diddon. Cheers for the info, ill probably go for the 1.2, its 16valve then? Your car is bangin! Are they 16" vaux wheels.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Go for the 1.2 mate, but if you want even cheaper get the 1L - thats the only good thing about the 1L. I'm on mums insurance and its only £300 a year. Been getting quotes to see if I can afford to get it in my own name, but no way- cheapest I've found is £1200. I've been driving for a year too, and did the pass plus!!!

My advice is get on one of your old dears insurance, then you can get the 1.4 :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
But if you lot keep going on parents insurance how are you ever gonna get some no claims, you gotta start some where

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Yeah but once you hit 20/21 insurance comes down quite a bit then, and a lot of garages will give you free insurance on new cars too then. I remember shopping around and even VTS's offered free insurance to over 21's.

But your right, the earlier you get some no claims started the earlier it will start to get cheaper. But on the other hand if you need to make a claim then its all to hell

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shinobi said:
Go for the 1.2 mate, but if you want even cheaper get the 1L - thats the only good thing about the 1L. I'm on mums insurance and its only £300 a year. BEen getting wuotes to see if I can afford to get it in my own way, but no way- cheapest I've found is £1200.

My advice is get on one of your old dears insurance, then you can get the 1.4 :thumbs:
Pics of your car look cool mate, cheers for the suggestion. Might get the 1.2 though cos I wanna get some no claimes under my oversized belt!!!

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
shinobi said:
Yeah but once you hit 20/21 insurance comes down quite a bit then, and a lot of garages will give you free insurance on new cars too then. I remember shopping around and even VTS's offered free insurance to over 21's.

But your right, the earlier you get some no claims started the earlier it will start to get cheaper. But on the other hand if you need to make a claim then its all to hell
Simple don't have an accident :lol:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
cya mate

im not that keyed up on this insurance malarky

can you get ICE put on insurance? after seeing that post of someones all being robbed I don't feel so safe now.

and also- if you have an alarm does this reduce premium?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'd go for the 1.4 coz i've driven both the 1.2 and the 1.4 and I know the performance is so much better. But you are to your own and you have to make the choice in the end

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
shinobi said:
cya mate

im not that keyed up on this insurance malarky

can you get ICE put on insurance? after seeing that post of someones all being robbed I don't feel so safe now.

and also- if you have an alarm does this reduce premium?
Yes can put ice on insurance or you get get spereate insurnace for it. And with an alarm not really

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Si said:
1.2 is quite nippy and insurance shouldn't to too bad as it is ins group 3 I think.

Also the 1.2 has twice as many valves as the 1.0 engine.
aint my c got 12valves and the 1.2 got 16?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
get the 1.2 mate.........can have 3 people in my area all with quicker C's than me! :lol:.......and i had 110 out of it before and that wasnt downhill!!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts