Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago car stopped wouldn’t start fugured it was battery got that sorted now starts but now the clutch has zero pressure but working absolutely fine right before the battery went bad.
Found this in the engine and don’t know what it is don’t wanna take it garage if I can sort at home can anyone tell me what this is and what it connects to.. much appreciated

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That's the tank vent valve/evap valve. It's got nothing to do with your clutch issue. Have a look under the car were the gearbox meets the engine and see if its wet with brake fluid. If its wet then looks like the slaves gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thank you for that! Filled up the break fluid and behold it all started leaking out the bottom so need to order the part! Will leaving the evap valve off harm the engine?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My advice is dont fit a cheap slave, they rarely last more than 12 months. Fit a genuine part or a LUK slave. Are you fitting it yourself. If so, good luck

Leaving the evap wont do any harm but its meant to be a sealed system. I'd connect it back up as it's meant to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts