Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right when i indcate go round a corner the indicater dont click of, i no its not a major problem but it pisses me of havin to turn it of all the time:x, as any els had this problem or no what it is, how much to get fixed any information would be much appreciated
cheers

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
u sure the stalk in connected in properly?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Mine does this but only when turning left. When i turn right it cancels itself. I ain't got a clue why it does this and have never solved it so :dontknow:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wel i tock the caseing around the steering wheel of today an there is a bit of black plastic just floating around near the shaft so i think its do to tht be in broke ant to sure tho, gunna get it booked in

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Take the stalk off and then put it back on and make sure it on properly, i did that with mine when it didnt work.

·
Registered
179 Posts
it sounds like a clock spring thats doing it. theya are a easy fix and person who has a good tool kit and knollege of a car can do it. It should only be £100-200 inc labour and parts depnding on where you go.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yer tlk stalk of an ther is a bit of plastic thts just floating around near the shaft tht looks like its broke, think il just not indicate lol makes life easy tht way
cheers for the help lads

·
Registered
544 Posts
i had this problem but i managed to do a bit of a bodged job to sort it and it works fine now.

Take the cover off from round the steering wheel, (turn wheel 90 degrees right and undo clip and then same on other side)

squeeze the 2 clips on the top and the bottom of the indicator unit and pull it out.

you should see that when you move the indicator stalk a little bit of beige plastic sticks out, this is what is ment to click up to self cancel.

if you look inside the actual steering column where you just took the unit from you should see a piece of metal that turns with the wheel. it has a gap in it and its the edges of the metal that are ment to click the plastic thing on the indicator unit down.

I found that the plastic thing was too short so i just cut little pieces of duct tape and built layers up on the metal lips. (like i said, its a bodged job lol)

put the indicator unit back in making sure you hear a click from the top and a click from the bottom and try your indicators a few times to make sure they self cancel.

Mine works perfect now and cost me absolutely nothing.

The alternative is to try ebay or a scrap yard for a new indicator unit (or try Vaux but I think they charge about £30 just for the unit) but make sure you get the exact same one as I think there are slightly different types of indicator stalk.

Worked for me anyway so i'm a happy bunny! lol. Cheers, Chris! :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yer but know the grey plastic that sits at the bottom of the steering wheel (at the back) sits just off the shaft also turns with the steering wheel what is this as mine seems to be broke would it have any thing to do with this il try the tape tho, im always up for a cheap repair lol

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
mine wasnt cancelling out even in the level position, had to buy a new stalk £30 from vx i think it was

1 - 13 of 13 Posts