Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unable to remove the mounting cage.

I have removed the screw from the bulkhead and also bent the grips around the fron of the cage to allow it to be removed but the thing will not budge.

Am i missing something here? at the moment i am thinking of taking it to the local vaux dealer to get them to sort it but if anyone has anyone suggestions then please post them here.

God damn vauxhall headunit, who would wana steel the head unit anyways, why install them so tight

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, square these are a pig, flex it a bit in the middle of each face

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
:lol: when i pulled my headunit out it didn't have the cage in it and the aerial was taped to the back of it :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Dodgy that Chewy. Did you buy it New or S/H?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
s/h mate it had been well fcuked about with when i got it spent 2 days putting stuff right.but cost me a grand under book price

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
A days work is worth a grand off the price tho :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i think what had happened was they had an aftermarket hu in it and it got broken into and nicked.you could see screwdriver marks in the plastic of the heater panel.plus the drivers side window has been replaced at some point.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem is that i have sold the standard HU and the buyer specifically wants the Mounting cage that came with it. I dont want to go bendign the thing all out of shape if he wants it. I know for a fact though when i take it down to vauxhall they will do exactly that.

My worry is if i bend the mounting cage the HU will not fit into the cage properly?? any thoughts?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I bent mine to get it out. And now it is sitting in my cupboard snugly around the head unit. IT bends back easily, just take it easy on pulling it out and you will be fine :thumbs:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So i have removed everything now buy taking out the bulkhead screws and lifting the catches around the front and all i need to do is bend the edges in the middle to allow it to ease out?

if this is the case i will... just dont want to go pulling on the thing and bending it if there is some other catch i have missed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts