Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have a vauxhall corsa 2005 twinport design but as of today do I have to use the new super unleaded or the regular unleaded now as I heard its changing

·
Registered
621 Posts
in Spain we have all mixed with E10 and diesel with 8 biodiesel I think I remember, and there are no problems that I know of

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
No, it's just a reference to the amount of ethanol added to reduce the amount of fossil fuel used. E5 (5% ethanol) has been used at the pumps for ages but it's now been upped to 10%. Ethanol has a different combustion to petrol but almost all reasonably modern engine management systems can deal with it no problem. Ethanol is a bit more corrosive to a lot of the rubber pipes, but 10% on a regularly replenished car is again not any cause for concern.

I was in France a good few years ago, when they had a lot of E85 (85%, as you've prob worked out) pumps and I was filling up my 2006 Focus for the last run across northern France and well into NW England. I only noticed that I was paying about 65c per litre once it was 2/3 full and hastily switched to premium for the last 1/3. I wasn't able to drain and refill without completely messing my Channel crossing etc schedule so I just hoped for the best and topped up with more premium as I used some of the sloosh up. At most, I noticed a slightly reduced oomph going up the ramp but nothing else in short-term use. I looked into the possibility of converting my Focus to dual-fuel to take advantage of E85 in France, but a lot of the fuel pipery had to be replaced according to the web and it didn't make economic sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it's just a reference to the amount of ethanol added to reduce the amount of fossil fuel used. E5 (5% ethanol) has been used at the pumps for ages but it's now been upped to 10%. Ethanol has a different combustion to petrol but almost all reasonably modern engine management systems can deal with it no problem. Ethanol is a bit more corrosive to a lot of the rubber pipes, but 10% on a regularly replenished car is again not any cause for concern.

I was in France a good few years ago, when they had a lot of E85 (85%, as you've prob worked out) pumps and I was filling up my 2006 Focus for the last run across northern France and well into NW England. I only noticed that I was paying about 65c per litre once it was 2/3 full and hastily switched to premium for the last 1/3. I wasn't able to drain and refill without completely messing my Channel crossing etc schedule so I just hoped for the best and topped up with more premium as I used some of the sloosh up. At most, I noticed a slightly reduced oomph going up the ramp but nothing else in short-term use. I looked into the possibility of converting my Focus to dual-fuel to take advantage of E85 in France, but a lot of the fuel pipery had to be replaced according to the web and it didn't make economic sense.

Thanks alot for that information

·
Registered
621 Posts
Let's see, in the Spanish manual of corsa C it says that under no circumstances is biodiesel used, this is because it is more difficult to pump and you reach pressures that the injection system does not allow, and in gasoline the car is not prepared for ethanol, basically because it eats rubber parts such as seals and other parts of the system, what is the problem, that the environmentalism ******* that we have in the EU forces to mix fuels with this, now you can not use the fuel of a lifetime, with which will be normal to start to suffer breakdowns in the cars that we are not prepared for this, that we should not use them, correct, that we have a choice, no, according to them the% is not harmful, but it is as if you tell me that to drink a glass You will not die of poison a day, or by going to sleep in Chernobyl you will not get a hand on your head

1 - 9 of 9 Posts