Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps, rite iv changed my timing chain and head gasket, iv put the car back together proply. Put the oil and water back in the engine but the car won't start and sounds like its jammed iv taken the engiane apart countless times and cant see anyting in the way. I need a couple ideas or help on what to do to get the car started. Iv been told I need to reset the timing system so if anyone as got a diagram of the settin and points of resetting the timing system that would be much help. Other then that I'm all ears to ideas or suggestion. Sooo please HELP me as I'm in need of my car back on the roads and MOTs dur n booked in next week hahahaa that's if I get the car moving! :(

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: = MEGAAA HEADACHE RIGHT ABOUT NOW!! lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i duno, how u do lock it, lol how do u unlock it?? i thought u didnt hav 2 hold anyting dow as everyting was already set and you didnt have to lock it 2getha thats what i read anyways

·
Registered
21,641 Posts
You should of done your homework

You get a set of tools that lock the crank, cam and flywheel in the correct place while your doing the work. The flywheel has a little tiny nick in it, which lines up with a little line on the timing chain cover, then u need a torque tighten it making sure that the marks line up. The cam should have the valves closed iirc, so the more pointed ends of them are pointing outwards. and the crank i also has a notch taken out of it but you would need the tool to ensure that is in the right place i think

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You should of done your homework

You get a set of tools that lock the crank, cam and flywheel in the correct place while your doing the work. The flywheel has a little tiny nick in it, which lines up with a little line on the timing chain cover, then u need a torque tighten it making sure that the marks line up. The cam should have the valves open iirc, so the more pointed ends of them are pointing outwards. and the crank i also has a notch taken out of it but you would need the tool to ensure that is in the right place i think

is that with the belt on or off?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Before you start replacing the chain you to have to align the crankshaft pulley notch with a mark on the timing chain cover and camshaft positioned so that the lobes are facing outover on no.1 cyl (valves closed). In this position you then use a locking tool on the crankshaft by removing a plug and inserting a pin which engages with the crankshaft. A locking bar is used across the face of the camshaft housing which engages in the slots on the end of the camshaft. Do not remove the inlet cam sprocket (rear one) to get the chain on as this acts on the camshaft sensor and is a dealer job to align properly, remove the exhaust cam sprocket to get the chain on. If you have not aligned the engine before you started then I'm afraid you will have to take the head back off and make sure the crankshaft and camshaft are aligned correctly. Hope you haven't bent the valves by trying to turn it over. HTH

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey peeps, iv stripped the engine once again and iv have found out the problem. i have snapped 8 piston heads :( :( but thank you all with your advise and everything but i tihink the easyest thing for me to do with the car is to get rid of it and start again :cry:

many thanks again.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
8 piston heads?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If you've done that under hand or starter preasure you wont have done that much damage, go buy a haynes manual, now you have stripped that far just knock of the manifolds and head bolts and change the valves, lap em all in yourself and look at the whole thing as a learning experience, when your done you will have the confidence to fix anything, you have nothing to loose but some free time and a few ££.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you've done that under hand or starter preasure you wont have done that much damage, go buy a haynes manual, now you have stripped that far just knock of the manifolds and head bolts and change the valves, lap em all in yourself and look at the whole thing as a learning experience, when your done you will have the confidence to fix anything, you have nothing to loose but some free time and a few ££.
I would but I just can't be bothered with it anymore the cars been off road since Friday and it jus a headache for me now.

·
Registered
211 Posts
gutted! it'll be an easy fix if you buy 8 new valves, lap them in, bolt head down with a torque wrench to the correct settings, locate the locking pins and lock the flywheel and cam pulleys (you can do this with it in bits, as long as you lock everything in the right position it'll be timed) and refit the chain.

i'd fix it but if your just gonna **** it off and sell up, do you have half leather? would you sell if i gave you an sri interior in part ex?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts