Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well... to cap off this thread finally had the mechanic change the throttle sensor which still lead to the misfire, he then changed the coil pack (which previous owner had just changed) and it turns out the car is now running smooth as silk which is great?! Drove it home and happy days.

First and last time I rush to get a bargain coz I know it could have been a very different outcome. For now I’ll take it as a lucky break & hope for some smooth motoring.

Thanks again for the responses & if I need some advice in the future I know where to look.

chheers 😎👋

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Glad to hear you have smooth runnings. The coil pack is something I should have mentioned along with the sensors that really has to be the more expensive OEM manufacturers (back to my "if I had a £/$/€..." commment). That previous owner likely bought a parts-shop (I call them Chineebay here) version which are half the price and wondered why the car runs a bit rough, never making the connection. It happens a fair bit so I'm glad that was tried before a lot of other expense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hmmm? When I was at the mechanics he showed me the cool pack he replaced, had a tiny Bosch sticker on the side but also a moulded Delphi logo on the top? He was puzzled as said that’s two different brands?? Interesting as it looked like a quality piece. Maybe not 😎👍🏼

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Oh, that surprises me. If it was a recent coil pack, Bosch or Delphi should work great. I can't remember, off the top of my head, which is the GM original, but Marks152 would know. It should be Bosch or Delphi, can't be both, so the moulded logo should mean more than a sticker but there are some counterfeit parts from China where they're not above faking logos but having both on suggests somebody overdid it if it is indeed a counterfeit part.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts