Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a knock through steering rack on n/s front and on replacement of inner tie rods ive noticed play in the rack itself , on inspection there is a plastic bush inside which has worn so i bought a replacement...when it came its black in colour but looks like the old one in the rack is white , are there any differences in the bush ?? Also are they difficult to remove or are they held in place by circlip etc cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I replaced one the other year and it appears they've changed the material, hence the colour difference. The bush expands into a groove in the housing the only way I could could do the swap was dismantle the rack completely, knock the old bush out with a long bar,iirc it broke into smaller pieces before it would come out, then push the new bush in and reassemble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info i was goin to try and do this in situ save all the droppin subframe etc ..i just didnt want to get to the stage where i got the old bush out and then found out i had the wrong bush , is it held in by a circlip or just a push fit somehow as there are no tags on this bush ive got cheers gaz

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The bush should have a shoulder/series of teeth on one end of the bush outer to lock it in, no circlips or fasteners are used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i got the repair kit from vauxhall ill send you the pics see what you think

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info its appreciated i just hope i can get this out without rack removal ill let you know how i get on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts