Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had several different sets of 17" alloys on my 1.2 Corsa C SXI, each set has rubbed on the inside. The tyre size is 205/40/17 does any1 know of why this is happening or any ideas to how to resolve this??? all replies would be appreciated! thanks

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
either the tracking of your car is out or the car is lowered too much and the camber of the wheels is too much

·
Registered
972 Posts
You've choosen wheels with the wrong offset for your car. Read up on offset and choose your wheels more carefully. I have a good wheel guide which if i can find some websapce I'll put it up. Or send it to your if your interested j6obo.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Camber is the angle where the wheels sticks out at the bottom more than the top, or possibly in this case almost vertical.

Wheels are never quite staright up and down, as the road is a curved surface going down at the gutter for water etc to run off.
To avoid excessive pulling to the side, wheels on cars are put on an angle so that they counteract the curvature of the road and appear straight, when in fact they aren't!

So in effect they look like this from the back:

/ ˆ °° ˆˆˆˆˆˆ \

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
beat me too it ka$h :thumbs: if you lower a car too much the wheels sit further in so wear the inside of the tyre faster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts