Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just bought a corsa c 1.0, and would like to hear from other owners of this particular engine and what advice they would give in how to look after it, as its pretty quiet and would like it to stay that way and not go all rattly and tappety lol. I got a pretty decent example of a corsa c it's only got 80k on the clock and fresh mot and last owner took good care of it, as its clean bodywork wise, but the engine is what worrys me and I'd like to look after it for as long as I own it, and not wring its guts everytime I take it out lol. So any tips and advice is greatly appreciated thank you. P. S I'm 32 years old and not a "boy racer" this car is a stop gap for a year or 2 for work I've always liked corsa's and have owned a couple of corsa b's a long while back but they where 1.2's so I'm new to the corsa c and the 3 pot engines. Cheers for your time.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,339 Posts
Welcome to ccuk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Once again, too late to sound intelligent; what Andy said ^. As you probably already know, the camchain will thank you for fresh oil (GM spec 5W30 seeing as everything's running nicely - some do use 10W40 to quieten rattles already present when they've bought a temporary stopgap and not fancying a chainswap).

Other than that, if sensors and packs go, they really seem to dislike cheapos from ebay or the shelf of the discount parts store so OEM usually saves a lot of "changed it but the car seems worse now" time wasted.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to you too, Joey

EDIT: D'oh! I think I've already said hello in your own thread last night. Still, better to say Hi twice than not at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts