Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's been hundreds of threads on HID problems, and yes I did try searching and couldn't find an answer ;)

Anyway, I fitted my HIDs last week and whenever I turn them on the passenger's side comes on fine but the driver's side doesn't come on at all. However if I turn the lights off and back on again then they both light up.

Is this because the driver's side isn't getting the current it needs on first turn on? I.e. passenger's side turning on then for some reason being already warmed up or something then this allows the driver's side to turn on?

Help much appreciated :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know there's been hundreds of threads on HID problems, and yes I did try searching and couldn't find an answer ;)

Anyway, I fitted my HIDs last week and whenever I turn them on the passenger's side comes on fine but the driver's side doesn't come on at all. However if I turn the lights off and back on again then they both light up.

Is this because the driver's side isn't getting the current it needs on first turn on? I.e. passenger's side turning on then for some reason being already warmed up or something then this allows the driver's side to turn on?

Help much appreciated :D
theres a protection system built in to the ballasts so if theres not enough current they shut off. you could try swapping the ballasts round to see if the ballast is faulty. if it isnt id get a harness for it which draws power straight from the battery not the cars headlight wiring.

it turns on because the passenger side has drawn enough charge leaving some for the drivers side ballast to start up

hope this helps

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
i have this problem now. been working fine all for about a week, when last light i noticed my passenger side wasnt coming on on the first attempt of turning the lights on. like you after a few goes it came on. thing is ive got at harness fitted already.

then this morning i go out to the car and everything is bloody fine again. both come on on the first go. which is both good and bad, cuz this issue might come back again. its so odd how last night then didnt want to come on and 12 hours later their both coming on ok.

is the harness effect by the cold weather at all?

cheers

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
just been out to the car. for the third time in a row they have come on first time.

so can anyone hazzard a guess as to why they didnt want to switch on first time last night? surely if there was a fault this fault would still be there the day after. :(

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Who knows man cos the harness I bought wasn't long enough so I've just been running them without one - mine seem to come on first time now! HIDs are strange.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
youre telling me mate. my only fear would be come july and my mot time, they'll start to play up again. and it doesnt look good if you drag the tester to one side and whisper in his ear "you know when you turn the lights on, well could you do it say 3 or 4 times like. then they should both come on. ta very much"

doesnt look sound good does it. :(

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
get ur lights on b4 the mot and leave them on, the tester probs wont turn them off, but in my experience, if uve had them on for a bit already, if u turn um off then back on again, they always come on, so if the tester does turn them off for whatever reason, then they will most probably cum on as normal.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
youre telling me mate. my only fear would be come july and my mot time, they'll start to play up again. and it doesnt look good if you drag the tester to one side and whisper in his ear "you know when you turn the lights on, well could you do it say 3 or 4 times like. then they should both come on. ta very much"

doesnt look sound good does it. :(
Mine's just been in for it's MOT and I was worried about that happening but it came back fine, didn't fail (well on that anyway :))

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
all i want is for everything to WORK as it should all the time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts