Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basicly i got drilled and grooved discs, mintex pads. they didnt come with a clip some guy fited them for me seemed fine he used diffferent clips ad made them fit.

problem, now there is a high pitched noise sounds like pealing metal of some sort only way i can explain it, wonderin if i took the clips out would they still be safe? aprently i dont need them.

Also if i took it apart and put it back together would it make the noise stop becuase it is very annoying.
somone give me a hand please, i dnt want ma new discs and pads to be warn already

·
Registered
9 Posts
The pads could just be vibrating in the caliper. Wouldnt hurt to take the clip out but then there will be warning when your pads are low, well untill they stop working.
There is gell or a rubber compound that could be put behind the pad to reduce this noise but its not always effective.
Is it definatly a squeek? When I brake I get a distinctive noise, only thing I can relate it to is a 6.6kV generator slowing down, a deep satisfying noise.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a very high pitched noise, like the metal is being chizzled by thing small and sharp or something

1 - 3 of 3 Posts