Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
You can't pile 100k on most lease cars they aren't that daft. There's an agreed milage and when you exceed it they start charging.

Vxr gets my vote to

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
There are way more cons with leasing than there are Pro's.

It's a slippery slope and you can easily get trapped into leasing cars forever as you are never in a position to actually save up to buy one.

I can see why it appeals to you but there are way more financially viable options out there.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is a car really an asset given the massive depreciation? Might save up a grand or so and get a new VXR on 5 years 0% from vaux.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Is a car really an asset given the massive depreciation? Might save up a grand or so and get a new VXR on 5 years 0% from vaux.
Yes it depreciates but at the end of the day when you come to move onto another car, or to put a deposit down on a house for example, you have a car worth X amount of money to sell.

Yes it won't be worth anything near what you first paid for it, but still a significant amount of money.

And that sounds like a lot more sensible option, but buying new is always going to depreciate so so so much more than say 1 year old.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Leasing is a viable option when you want a brand new car and the total cost of the lease works out less than the depreciation on a brand new car and is cheaper than whatever finance option is available

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Since I do about 300 miles a month for work and get 45p a mile it helps with the costs. In fact, if I do 500 work miles and achieve just 30mpg fuel costs for the commute for the month are just £75! An average 300 work miles month leaves me with just £87 to find for fuel. Found a cheaper VXR deal £157 a month for 24 months. Will prolly be bored of the VXR by then. Admittedly it's nearly £3800 over the term but includes tax and I am moving nearer work. Thus, a 10,000 mile lease is viable so according to VX would probably not need or service the car more than once throughout the term.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If to leasing and credit, I would choose to lease of course. For a pity, not everyone sees the difference and understands the benefits of leasing.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,279 Posts
from 2014??????

please look at the thread date before posting

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.