Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 3dr vauxhall corsa, i can’t access the rear speakers? I’m trying to connect wires from a speaker shelf but can’t.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If you have small hands there is a small hole in the rear trims inside the boot where you can just reach the speaker plugs.
If not you will need to remove the rear upper pillar trims, First the upper seat belt bolts then trim pulls off, then you have access to the screws that hold the side pod in place but there is one blocked by the seat back which you can leave in and get enough room to unplug the speaker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have small hands there is a small hole in the rear trims inside the boot where you can just reach the speaker plugs.
If not you will need to remove the rear upper pillar trims, First the upper seat belt bolts then trim pulls off, then you have access to the screws that hold the side pod in place but there is one blocked by the seat back which you can leave in and get enough room to unplug the speaker.
great thank you, any idea how i could put a subwoofer in too? will i need a battery or will it just connect through to the front of the car

·
Registered
357 Posts
for that you need a radio with rca and mount an amplifier, or directly an amplifier with high low pass, give power to the amplifier, and take out a sub or speakers

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
It depends what type of subwoofer you are thinking of? If it is just a basic powered sub box with amp built in or a bigger type with external/separate amp?
If you plan on fitting a sun I would not bother with rear speakers in the parcel shelf and instead up grade the front door speakers then you could use the rear speaker wires for signal to the amp if you don't have rca outputs from the radio?
up to around 2000 watts you will be ok with just 1 battery at the front but you will need the biggest one you can fit on the tray and you will need to upgrade the power wires in the engine bay often called the "big 3"

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would start with about 6x9 on a tray and see if it convinces or you want more, think that if you put sub and do not amplify the rest then the bass will eat the treble

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It depends what type of subwoofer you are thinking of? If it is just a basic powered sub box with amp built in or a bigger type with external/separate amp?
If you plan on fitting a sun I would not bother with rear speakers in the parcel shelf and instead up grade the front door speakers then you could use the rear speaker wires for signal to the amp if you don't have rca outputs from the radio?
up to around 2000 watts you will be ok with just 1 battery at the front but you will need the biggest one you can fit on the tray and you will need to upgrade the power wires in the engine bay often called the "big 3"
I still can’t get to that rear speaker

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yours is a Corsa D so you need to remove the side pod with the speaker in.
I thought you had a Corsa C as this is a Corsa C forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yours is a Corsa D so you need to remove the side pod with the speaker in.
I thought you had a Corsa C as this is a Corsa C forum.
oh my bad, so i’m guessing i need to remove the seats? the 3 star shaped bolts under each seat don’t seem to come off, i even went out and bought large ones from wickes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
At least in Astra G they have some screw and plastic staples, it is not necessary to remove any seat

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
oh my bad, so i’m guessing i need to remove the seats? the 3 star shaped bolts under each seat don’t seem to come off, i even went out and bought large ones from wickes.
You should be able to release the side trim enough at the front and top to access the speaker wires. You may need to unclip the seat base though. This should just unclip from memory?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts