Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting my flip out 7" screen on friday and want to link me ps2 to it. im guessing the yelllow an red lead things just connect from the back of cd player into the ps2???:shrug:

then how can i hard wire the ps2 for the power???

i know u can buy that adaptor of ebay but i dont want it going into me ciggy lighter coz the big connector showing looks sh1t.

any help is much appreciated

jonesy

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet thats fine but thats the problem, its got that big phat ciggy lighter connector on the other end of it, cant i just cut that off and wire it to the ciggy lighter?

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
sweet thats fine but thats the problem, its got that big phat ciggy lighter connector on the other end of it, cant i just cut that off and wire it to the ciggy lighter?
you can do yes. how i don't know. would be better than hardwiring it aswell. just make sure your engine is running when your using it though :lol:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oki, cant i just turn the ignition on coz that needs to be on for my neons to work, or will that run me battery down even more if im playing on it without the engine actually fully on?

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
wo wo wo mate, if you do that you could blow your ps2 or the inverter. the cig lighter connector has a fuse in it, so if you chop that off your risking it.
do you have the ps2 slimline or the fat ps2?
either way this is what i connected the battery to the inverter
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cigar-Lighter...16QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1498QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what you do is cut off the male end of that, and directly connect it to the battery. then when if you plug in the inverter, youll still have a fuse on it.
if you have a slimline, its much "better" as its smaller as it doesnt need an inverter, just a downstep, or ps2 slimline in car adapter
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-PS2-In-C...ryZ11319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yer ive got the slim line and yer ive been looking at that adaptor uve given me the link to (the bottom one of the 2 limks) but thats the problem i dont want that showning going into theciggy lighter coz looks ****. any way i can get round that???

many thanks

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
yer ive got the slim line and yer ive been looking at that adaptor uve given me the link to (the bottom one of the 2 limks) but thats the problem i dont want that showning going into theciggy lighter coz looks ****. any way i can get round that???

many thanks
just a guess as this is how i've hidden wires but not sure what the wires are link on that adaptor but........

cut the wires between the 12v plug and the box, remove ciggy lighter and drill a hole through the 2nd from left hole and feed the wires through. release the torx screw at the end of the centre tunnel on passenger side and feed the other end of the wires up through here and reconnect to the other end via terminal blocks. then feed the wire that connects into the ps2 behind the glovebox and drill a hole and feed wire into glovebox and connect to the ps2.

hopefully that makes sense :lol:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ooo i see so the only thing will be just the concetor in the lighter socket but all the wires wil lbe hidden. prob the best that ya can do with it to be honest, will have a go and see.

but surely i can just as u said cut the wires between the 12v plug an the box and just wire those to the ciggy lighter so no socket has to go in the lighter socket at all?

sorry to be abit repetative but just gettin me head round it lol

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
get one of these....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-CIGARETTE...oryZ9885QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cut the clips off

run 2 wires from the battery (positive and negative) putting a 10 amp fuse i think (yellow one anyway) in each line and run them into the footwell through the grommet. connect the cigarette lighter socket to each of the wires. get one of those in car ps2 power leads off the bay and plug in, job done! thats how i've powered mine.

don't bother with an invertor, it will drain your battery much quicker

the in car power lead specificly for the slimline ps2.

note: it must be a slimline one. if you have a normal one u will have to use an invertor but i recommend u get a slimline one as they dun use as much power as the big ones.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
ooo i see so the only thing will be just the concetor in the lighter socket but all the wires wil lbe hidden. prob the best that ya can do with it to be honest, will have a go and see.

but surely i can just as u said cut the wires between the 12v plug an the box and just wire those to the ciggy lighter so no socket has to go in the lighter socket at all?

sorry to be abit repetative but just gettin me head round it lol
in simple terms, you have the wires behind the glovebox, with the ps2 slimline plug going through a hole in ur glovebox.
you connect this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CIGAR-LIGHTER...6QQihZ004QQcategoryZ15329QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
directly to you battery, by cutting the MALE end off of it.

you then get this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-PS2-In-C...ryZ11319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and plug it into the the FEMALE end of the extender. all of this is done behind the glovebox.

i couldnt make out what corsa_mark was saying about drilling or whatever, but this is the easiest way to do it, and jamie_sxi can back me up on this

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
in simple terms, you have the wires behind the glovebox, with the ps2 slimline plug going through a hole in ur glovebox.
you connect this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CIGAR-LIGHTER...6QQihZ004QQcategoryZ15329QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
directly to you battery, by cutting the MALE end off of it.

you then get this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-PS2-In-C...ryZ11319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and plug it into the the FEMALE end of the extender. all of this is done behind the glovebox.
do that ^^^ :thumbs:

that for sure will work, much easier than my method aswell and you'll have no plugs showing.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
what was your method in laymans terms lol, cos it sounded complicated, yet interesting
i'll try and explain :lol:

he was on about using the invertor so i said.......

chop the "power" cable and cut hole in the coin holder

then feed the wire from plug through the hole and rejoin the other end using terminal blocks but hide the box bit behind the centre console

and run the wire behind glovebox and drill a hole and connect to ps2.

hopefully thats a bit clearer :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.