Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my C is my first car that ive owned myself. Ive been driving my Mums Toyota Yaris for the past 3 months, nifty littly car. My insurance on that is running out near the end of this month, so im going to get insured on my Corsa when that runs out.
However, im getting some absolutly crazy insurance quotes, why? Cos im 17, anyone round my age have similar problems? Or if you know any amazing companies that insure your C cheaply give us a heads up haha

Cheers

Oh yeh, ive done pass plus, whata joke!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
really just have to keep shopping around mate. being 17 means you are going to get some really high quotes. be prepared to be paying a lot for insurance!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
everyone has to start sometime mate, just ring round get the lowest quote possible in a policy in YOUR name so you build up NCB. At your age you just have to take the hit

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
remember to put other people like your parents on your policy as well, keep your annual mileage low and don't mod the car straight away which will help to lower your premium a bit :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Go to "Liverpool Victoria" im on my mums policy for £300 a year..and for a 17 year old im laughing! and fair enough im not earning any no claims bonuses, but at the price im paying, by the time im old enough to get my own policy cheap, i would still have saved loads!

·
Registered
276 Posts
yea boi im on Liverpool Victoria £260 per YEAR on my 1.2 sxi. are you named driver?? i am but on her policy.

Go to "Liverpool Victoria" im on my mums policy for £300 a year..and for a 17 year old im laughing! and fair enough im not earning any no claims bonuses, but at the price im paying, by the time im old enough to get my own policy cheap, i would still have saved loads!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i tried the old get your mums name in everything and cheap off that however directline werent having it. PLus i like direct line cos i was getting NCB. I tried liverpool victoria on my own and they were more expensive than DL. Might try it with LV

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
how did you get yours so cheap, im going to be paying nearly £700 for my insurance with them, im going under my dads policy, think mine is fully comp

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I think he means because he is only a named driver but is the only one driving it. So he should really be the policy holder. :shrug:
correct, the technical name is "fronting". my mum's the main driver and she only drives in when it goes to the garage as she works near a vx garage so probably once a year :lol:

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
so what about fronting, most people do that, otherwise the insurance is ridiculous prices. also, to get good prices, youve gotta do your own quotes. no point asking people on here tbh, as it depends on alot of factors ie years of ncb if any, the area you live, the age of the main driver etc etc
some people on here live in nicer places than london, have people with alot of ncb as the main driver, and have mods declared and still get it under 1000. im with quinn so dont have to declare mods, am a named driver with 2yncb, live in london and pay 1800. ask companies as they differ for person to person. some of the 'cheap' companies are more expensive for me than others.

·
Registered
245 Posts
When I had the 1.2 16V B I was on dads name paying about £700 a year. Did that for three years. At the time the cheapest quotes I could get were £1100+ and I just didn't have the cash.

Now I got the Exclusiv, I'm paying £800 for 10 months through Admiral which I didn't think was too bad. I'm 20 with no discount , but does include the IAM test. I also saved nearly £200 by adding Dad as a named driver.

At 17 though, if you can get a good quote in your own name then go for it. But if going on your dads name is way cheaper then that could also save you money. The car might need to be registered to him tho.

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
I paid £1400 on a 1.0 back in the day.

Pass Plus took off £300 though so don't knock it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Problem with pass plus is the fact it doesnt affect monthly installments at all and it apparently only lasts for a year, which isnt highly advertised when your instructor urges you to do it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts