Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take it the two plastic tabs on the side of the round part have to be pushed outwards as pushing them inwards makes the fitting more secure.
A 7mm socket slides in perfectly and pushes both tabs out fully, but I can't get it to budge.
I am trying not to force it too much in case it breaks as I would like to re-use them all.
I'm assuming they are just being held in place by rust and body sealer and they would normally just pull off once the tabs were pushed outwards.

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Tar Wood
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Rim Gas
Wood Grey Twig Jewellery Necklace

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You are going the right way.
Try adding some WD40 or similar and wriggling them a bit. Once the pipes are released they will come off easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just took a few of these off so if anyone else needs to know, they have a small pointed hex head screw which screws into a small metal hole in the body.
The screw head takes a 5.5mm (yes 5.5) or 7/32 socket.
The first two photos at the top of the page are fittings towards the rear and those screw heads have rusted so badly that I initially thought it was a sort of domed head that the fitting clipped onto using the tabs.
The purpose of the tabs seems to be to stop the screw falling out when it is slackened.
Grey Household hardware Gas Circle Metal

Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design Jewellery Automotive wheel system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts