Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planing to paint some interior plastics on the Tigra but I also want to freshen up the handbrake handle as its grubby and will not clean, its not sticky but its well used and feels horrid.

Will the handle remove or is it integral to the mechanism as I can't find any handles separate from the mech on ebay, just leather covers, I don't fancy one as I don't want more girth to the handle.

Has anyone painted theirs?

Is a metal replacement like a Richbrook style one doable?

Anybody fitted one?

Some generic ones on eaby that are cheap enough that i'm watching.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Neither have I, funnily enough, although I do remember a Richbrook >1yr ago that was just the brushed metal handle so it must be possible to separate. I wondered if the Meriva VXR might be flashier and compatible, but the only one being broken looked like that was already missing from the interior (nice steering wheel, though, nicer than the Irmscher).

If you did replace the whole, at least there's a new-in-bag standard C/Combo handbrake for £25

I got a couple of these cheap-as(s) things, primarily for my Focus, but its handle is too broad so one went on the Combo's. It's tacky up close and to the feel (also doesn't cover the underneath which you grip with your fingers) but doesn't add much to the handful. It also covered the most noticeable wear in the frangible perforated leather gaiter, but it's not hugely recommended by me except for fooling passers-by glancing through the window.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I will never understand how opel did not put the tigra trim to the corsa C, the rear ashtray in Spain has a lid

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the instruction on the removal, I might pop it off and see if I can tidy it up. (Insert big thumbs up gif here)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I will never understand how opel did not put the tigra trim to the corsa C, the rear ashtray in Spain has a lid
Ash trays were an option in the UK. Not many cars had them from factory.
Tigra B and Corsa C have different door cards only the dash and center console are the same trim parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts