Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i apologise if this has been arksed a million times but how long in this weather would you leave the polish and wax on before you buff it off?

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Which weather? Tis different everywhere......Sunny? Cloudy but warm? Cloudy but cold...

I tend to apply the wax to the whole car and by the time i've done this the panel i did first is ready to be buffed. However this sometimes isn't the best idea, normally better to do it panel by panel. In this case, do a panel and leave it for 15-20 mins and buff a small bit off and if it comes off fairly easily tis ready :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its sorta cloudy hot, but the sun pokes out now and again, how do i know when its ready to come off coz i have been putting it on leaving it like 5 mins and off it comes sometimes its hard work to come off

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Its sorta cloudy hot, but the sun pokes out now and again, how do i know when its ready to come off coz i have been putting it on leaving it like 5 mins and off it comes sometimes its hard work to come off
If it's really hard to come off then just leave it a bit longer, say 20 minutes. Make sure it isn't in direct sunlight for a long time with the wax on though, or that the panels aren't hot when applying the wax. Should be ok if the sun is just 'poking' out though.

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers gonna go do that and get you some updated pics of my delocked door! as done by my local vaux

1 - 8 of 8 Posts