Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanna know how much it will be to get the boot handle body coloured? and that lickle scratch next to the reg? cheers :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
you can do it yourself for less than a tenner, go to vx get the right can of paint (comes with lacquer) small tin of plastic primer, and some sand paper, easy peasy!! as for the scratch, depends how serious it is, if its bad then the whole back end will need to be resprayed so that it doesnt look patchy and that will cost a small fortune! if its not too bad then u can get a touch up pen that will hide it

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You can buy a handle from vaux already covered in primer ready to paint, then you buy a paint pack in your colour and follow the instrucions. Will cost you about £12-15 for them both, and an hour of your time to paint and fit max!

You'll feel good about the mod cos you did it, and it didn't cost a lot.

As for the small scratch, get a touch up pen for £2 from your local halfords!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yer i bought the already primed one, was a bit strange actually because silver primer needs to be grey but it was primed in white and was really smooth like lacquered type smooth, it painted ok but was a bit confused with it

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Same as mine mate, V.smooth and white. It worked like you said, so I just accepted it :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You can, but by the time you buy something to clean it, then flatten it, then prime it, then flatten it then prime it, you might as well spend £6 on the handle.

As you've got to order the paint from vaux anyway, it's a damn site easier beleive me.

They are held on with two nuts on the back, but you have to take the five torx screws out of the boot liner panel first and un-pop it , then you'll see the two nuts at the back. Take them off and you might have to give it a good hard yank as they are stuck on with two little sticky pads. The new one from vaux comes with some replacements anyway. Fitting is the reverse of removal

K[/b}

·
Registered
609 Posts
You could prob. get the scratch done @ chipsaway, that's where I'm goin to get a few scratches out of me bumper and one off the front left alloy...

Don't know how much it will cost though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts