Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi any one know how to fit an ecotek valve to a corsa 1.2 sxi? Gonan try but would be helpfull if someone gave me direct instant instructions

thanks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think someone on here has fitted one already, cant remember who though which makes me of absolutely no help whatsoever :lol:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
you need 2 small jubilee clips.cut the pipe than runs from the brake servo to the inlet manifold pop the ecotek valve inbetween the pipe with the gauze part facing up tighten up the jubilee clips job done

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chewy said:
you need 2 small jubilee clips.cut the pipe than runs from the brake servo to the inlet manifold pop the ecotek valve inbetween the pipe with the gauze part facing up tighten up the jubilee clips job done

Hi mate does the valve fit close to the servo or just before or past the filter part of the pipe, oh and does it help

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
It mixes the fuel with air to give a different mixture. In practice it seems to give a much better mpg on the car, and theoretically improves performance. The only improveement you can really do is swap the engine!

Not bad for the mpg's tho giving the increasing proce in petrol

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
thats strange how he has fitted that there normally connected to the brake servo pipe not the fuel pipe :boggle:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
:? Eh?

Why would you want it in a brake line? Of course you want it in the fuel pipe if you are going to mix air and fuel.

Explain

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
here you go taken of corsasport i knew they fitted on the brake servo pipe

they create a swirl effect into the inlet manifold which improves combustion there for creating better mix of fuel/air concluding in better fuel consumption an performance my car feels smoother at high revs with it on not recorded an better fuel though but on the ecotek site it does say that the fuel saving gets better as the device beds in so

u connect it to the servo brake hose as there is avacuum in the thats hose leading to the manifold

·
Registered
48 Posts
no its definately not the brake servo as the braking system is a completely different hydraulic setup and has nothing at all to do with the performance of the car.

i cant bare to think wot would happen if you stuck it in the brake line :eek:

i think it kind of manages the amount of 'air' through the inlet manifold so the engine gets exactly the amount of air needed in the combustion chamber for each 'bang' no more air, and no less. kind of like the ecu manages the fuel during the same process.

very clever idea and why the arn't fiitted to commercial cars as standard i dont know.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
you don't touch the hydraulic part of the brakes :lol: it connects to the brake servo pipe which connects to the engine asking about you can apparantly connect it to any vacuum pipe coming from the engine which is why the link that kash posted shows it connected to the purge valve.it creates more vacuum in the inlet manifold here is a pic of one fitted to a corsa b as you can see it's connected to the brake servo pipe like i said

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have fitted an eco tec valve, they do exactly what they should, smoother mid range and acceleration, slight increase in power and better fuel economy. There is no-one more sceptical than me but this really does work! The only thing was i needed some larger guage pipe (i used fuel line) to sheath over the vacuum line where the eco tec valve spliced in.
Its all good stuff!!
Confused.....u will be :lol:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Will garages fit these for cheap and is this one of those things u'll have to remove ifur gettin warranty work done coz ovawise it wud invalidate it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have an ecotek fitted on, and does give you more pull when you acelerate. however savings on fuel are relatively small on smaller engines. did anyone buy a silencer to go with it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts