Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, i've searched all over the site for a guide on how to fit them but i cant see one!
I'm sure ka$h mentioned that one was posted but i cant see it!
If someone knows where it is or could explain to me how to do it, it would be much appreciated!
Thanks
J

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Get a speaker adapter for a corsa from halfords

Run two wires from head unit (left and right front speakers)

Put them into the crossovers, and plug your tweeter and main speaker into the crossover job done.

Of course the wire is already there going to the speakers from the head unit so just use that. but as the corsa c has tweeters you will need to by pass the tweeter.

To do this unplug the standard tweeter. On the plug are 4 wires, two brown two yellow. Chop the plug off and join brown to brown and yellow to yellow. This will put all sound to the two wires, which you plug into the crossover. You will get this wire from the back of the main drive speaker behind the door card

:thumbs:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry i wasnt clear in my 1st post, but thanks shinobe thats great mate i can use that once i got the doors apart and got the speakers in, but thats what i wanted to know, like a guide on how to actually take the door apart so that you can get at the speakers!Cos i aint got a clue!
Thanks
J

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
lol ok :)

well, I can help you with that.

You will need a T20 torx screw thingy magig.

Firstly, but a very thin screw driver behind your door handle surround and lever it out, it is just clipped on and will pop out. Then do the same for your leccy window switches, take them out and disconnect the wire (otherwise door car will not come off)

Then take the tweeter cover off, you can just pull this off by hand. Then behind there is a screw, take that out and the one on the door handle bit where its set in a bit.

There is also three screws underneath the door card undo them too. IF I have forgot any other screws that you can still see, take them out oo :lol:

Now you will need to take the long strip of plastic of the top of the door card. This is the bit that runs along the top and meets with the window. From where you took the tweeter cover off, you should be able to get at this strip. Put a thin screwdrive up underneath and lever it out. It takes some doing but it will come out.

When this is off the door card is only held on with three clips. Gently pull away with the door card and these will pop out.

And hay walaaaaaa- door card is off :)

If anything there is unclear let us know, im typing very fast lol.

Hope that helps, hope I havent missid anything :?? Im sure someone will let you know if I have :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U wanna do it for me?! :lol: Seems a bit tricky!+you gotta do it on both doors!! :(
Cheers anyway
J

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Jeffro, it's only 5 screws and a little brute force. Honestly, you can remove it in 5 mins.

Tip: Start on the passenger side, so if you break any clips, you know what to look out for on the drivers side, to not make the same mistake.

The reason I say this is because I personally was heavy handed and just heaved it off and smashed 2 plastic clips (8p each to replace from vaux!) I did this on the Drivers side, and I get in and out of there all the time and noticed everytime until I replaced them!

If you smash them on the passenger side, it won't bother you as much when you use the car.

Another Tip: Don't be a rough Rsed NAVVY like I was! :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been looking for a guide on how to do this too, so i posted in a new thread bur have had no responce yet, so i thought i'd carry this one on.

What it is, I can't get the wires through to the doors because there's a plug that goes from the car to the door.

Is there a way I can get around this plug, or do I have to use the orignal wires that go through the door and cut the connectors off the speakers?

Cheers
Stu

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey....i'm doing the same ting...Only I got window handles (none electic...) and I can't get them off (da*ned!!!)...anyone who can help?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts