Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy ! :)

I've got a CorsaC 1.8 GSI (1.8 SRI in U.K)...

For now it's stock, only with Eibach Pro Kit Springs and Steinmetz front grill...

So my question i:
What engine mods to make it stronger... much stornger?

Thanks
In advance

S

·
0 Posts
Air filter, stright through exhaust, erm.. not too sure but thinl the 1.8 will be able to be tuned quite easily compared to a smaller engine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...i've got many questions to ask...

I've been searching in the net 'bout many brands of products to the corsa c.

I've seen the Mantzel camshafts and need to reprogram de ECU, koz my car, stock as it is, achieve the highest rpm and does not goes any further, need more rpm ('bout 600) going to the 6.700rpm till 7100rpm.

Can anyone give me some good brands in which i can trust ?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i'm not sure on the ecu part but dbilas do a inlet manifold for the 1.8 sri that's supposed to give between 15 to 20bhp increase in power and also if you got a piper x viper induction kit i would imagine this also would work well on the 1.8 engine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know how famous is PiperX there in UK, but in terms of induction kit, i think that a BMC CDA is very nice too...well, at least it's expensive (250€). Don't know if you know the product...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I got a 1.8 as well - looked at all the same engine mods to!!

The guys at Regal in Southampton recommend not using induction kit - better off with decent panel filter - (better for warranty as well).

Dbilas do a full flowtec inlet manifold for E1350 which give 15-20 bhp.

http://www.dbilas-dynamic.de/English/dbilas.html

Regal do another dbilas product that is much cheaper. Their website has the dbilas inlet and it gives 5-8bhp me thinks for £110.

http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=4732

Give em a call - they are really helpful. Would be good to hear what you decide to do!! :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i'm going to study some products koz when i spend some money, i want it to be well spend !

So, koz my Corsa it's stock...i need some "fresh air" (BMC CDA) and some good exhaust system, not only a backbox. Tryed to see if SS (SuperSprint) have something for Corsa C, but with no luck.

Anyways... already asked MTech 'bout their stainless steel group A 63,5mm, which i'm very interested. After that, will be a good induction kit...let's see what i can figure out...

Will be good if u told me what u are thinking on doing to ur 1.8, corsalover ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, after some research in the net, found some good products do apply in the 1.8 engine...

DBILAS Flowtec Intake Manifold

It looks like this...

And, when installed, it looks like this...

Model: Corsa C 1,8 16V 92kW Z18XE
KW/HP achieved: 16/22
Price (€): 1245,50
T.Ü.V: Yes

MANTZEL Camshafts

Camshafts DOHC 4 Cylinders 260º (spreading 110º) (this is what i translate from german...)

Stock: 92 kW - 6000 U/min. - V max (km/h) 202
With Kit: 102 kW - 6000 U/min. - V max (km/h) 207

Price (€): 649,00

BMC CDA Induction Kit

MORE INFO HERE

MTech Stainless steel Group A 63,5mm

What do you think ?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
if u get that lot above, u will be onto a nice power increase.

induction kits are supposed to not work right ona corsa c, actually making u loose power... but if urs is a sealed system , then i think that shud probably make a gain..

if not, then what i weould do is get a decent panel filter and change the air feed to the airbox .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, that was my main objective: get a powerfull Corsa, but with reliability.

Still, i'm going to study other products and other ways to get more power and torque, always with reliability.

Still, hoping to read some more opinions , of corse...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have heard the same about the corsa C and induction kits - just bought a new Jetex panel filter from ebay for a tenner. Also found this other device as well which i am interested in....

http://www.ecotekplc.com/fitting_instructions.htm

and

http://www.ecotekplc.com/more_cars_11.htm for the corsa specifically.

I reckon 45 bhp for 2300 and no hassle is a good option!!

Does anyone else getting notchy gears when you are changing gear near the red line???

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have heard the same about the corsa C and induction kits - just bought a new Jetex panel filter from ebay for a tenner. Also found this other device as well which i am interested in....

http://www.ecotekplc.com/fitting_instructions.htm

and

http://www.ecotekplc.com/more_cars_11.htm for the corsa specifically.

I reckon 45 bhp for 2300 and no hassle is a good option!!

Does anyone else getting notchy gears when you are changing gear near the red line???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well... good news !!!!!

Check the answer of DBILAS at my mail...

Hello, for the Opel Corsa C 1,8l with 125HP we could offer as following:

Performance kits for OPEL Z18XE Engines

Step I :
Upgrade to 108kW / 147PS

includes:

• Flowtec-inlet manifold with a complete software update of the engine control (1264,--)

• Fitting of the Flowtec-inlet manifold at dbilas dynamic (196,--)

Completeprice includind fitting dbilas dynamic (1395,--)

You save (46,--)

Step II :
Upgrade to 115kW / 157PS

includes:

• Flowtec-Inlet manifold with a complete software update of the engine control (1246,--)

• A set of sport camshafts (472,--)

• Fitting of the Flowtec-inlet manifold (196,--)

• Fitting of the sport camshafts at dbilas dynamic (196,--)

Completeprice includind fitting dbilas dynamic (2050,--)

You save (58,--)

Step III :
Upgrade to 126kW / 172PS

includes:

• Flowtec-Inlet manifold with a complete software update of the engine control (1246,--)

• A set of sport camshafts (472,--)

• Cylinderhead and Valve modification (815,--)

• Fitting of the Flowtec-inlet manifold (196,--)

• Fitting of the cylinderhead and of the sport camshafts at dbilas dynamic (652,--)

Completeprice includind fitting dbilas dynamic (3265,--)

You save (115,--)

All prices are in EURO and include 16 % VAT.

For further questions do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

dbilas dynamic

Maybachstr. 3

63322 Rödermark

Tel:+49(0)6074-93328
Fax:+49(0)6074-93316

Comment at will... :wink:

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
not bad results there.are thoses figures for just the engine work or would that be the gains with a induction kit and exhaust system??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SxiSteve said:
GO STRIAGHT TO STEP 3!!
Well, just sended an email to DBILAS asking if i could eventually go straight to step 3 without doing the other 2 step's...

Chewy said:
not bad results there.are thoses figures for just the engine work or would that be the gains with a induction kit and exhaust system??
Well, the mail didn't talked about no exhaust system or induction kit...only the engine work...it means, with complete exhaust system and an induction kit, i could, probably achieve the 180hp mark...which is very good, i think...

What do u think ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts