·
Registered
10,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a budget of £130 MAX Should i

1. get a new h/u
2. get a sub and amp
3. Get components and 6x9's

Want to get a better bass but would it be better getting the clarity first then the bass?!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah i agree....there wudn't b much point getting the others if u ain't got a decent head unit... lol

x Sandy x

S

·
0 Posts
I did it the wrong way around, I put new components in front and some 6x9's in rear just running off standard hu. Sounded loads better than standard speakers - but when got my new hu it made all the difference. Sound was so much better coming from my new hu than the standard vaux one.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I did that too! Firstly,u gotta get ur speakers sorted! Basically,a set of speakers is cheaper than a new headunit! and not only that,it takes a lot more time to put them in than a headunit does. Plus it sounds soo much better when new speakers are put in,coz the standard HU outputs pretty good sound for a standard system. When i put my new Kenwood hu in,i was well surprised! Although the output is 4x50W,it does not produce as much bass as the standard vauxhall hu!!(dont say i got a **** hu coz i got the best kenwood 1 out - PSW9524) But is soo much crisp & clearer(better quality of sound) - makes good use of my components! But lackin bass! need an amp to run my 6x9s or a sub now. :? :( more money to spend....

·
Registered
11 Posts
what i did

i put in a kenwood headunit the day i got my car 2 start with this really improved the sound quality bout 2 weeks later put in kenwood 6x8s big improvement again but lacking bass so went out bought 800w kenwood amp and 2 subs got system set up soundin sweet as f*#k goin 2 put in another 2 matching subs matching amp and 6x9s when i have enuff money. just do it whatever way u want but i think new headunit would make the most difference for a start.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i linked my door components to my subs to get a 2 ohm spl,the tweeters do all the vocals and the sub speakers are more like subs now,and its safe for the speakers,its like turning my 800 watt 2 channel amp into a 4 channel

·
Registered
408 Posts
HU for £130 wont be that hot - reckon it would be better saving for a few more weeks and getting something better.

Alpine are excellent sound quality if you aren't using an amp - not many bells and whistles but top $ quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts