Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help me. Basically I bought my SRi back in April and I've still not recieved the log book. I know the guy was waiting to get it back from the DVLA having the private plates taken off but he sent the log book off at least 6 weeks ago. I have the new owner slip which is all filled in correctly. How do I go about getting my log book? Is there a chance that it's still on it's way and should I wait a bit longer?

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Ring the DVLA, takes up to 8 weeks to process a new log book. He's had longer than that now, ring up the DVLA, they will send him a letter saying that they have received notification of a change of ownership. If he doesn't respond to that you will get the log book.

·
Banned
2,679 Posts
I`ll give Jack a buzz for you if you like?

He`s normally round my way most Sundays on his bike, do you want me to find out, do you have his number still?

·
Premium Member
34,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I`ll give Jack a buzz for you if you like?

He`s normally round my way most Sundays on his bike, do you want me to find out, do you have his number still?
Nah it's cool, I've still got his number. He told me that he'd sent it all off and like I say I did recieve the new owners slip but just nothing's come through yet. Maybe someone in a DVLA office or a postie has lost it somewhere. I just wondered where I have to go/who I have to call/ what forms I have to fill in to get a new one sorted and if it's worth chasing yet.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Its prob because the private plate issue mate, it takes time to put it on retention etc

Mine took around 2-3 months!!!!

·
Premium Member
34,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its prob because the private plate issue mate, it takes time to put it on retention etc

Mine took around 2-3 months!!!!
The old private plate already came off then the previous owner sent it off again to get put in my name, now when I eventually get it I'll be sending it straight back off again, lol.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
blimey! god knows why its taking so long

DVLA are a pain to get things quick mate. it'll turn up one day and ull be happy tho lol

·
Premium Member
34,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What kinda plate was it :lol: mine took 1 week to put on retention

as for the log book i'd be kicking up a bit more of a fuss with DVLA
Think I'll try and ring them at lunch but they told me last time that they'd put a note on it saying that I'd called up asking about it (In a helpful way). I don't want to be branded as the impatient moany one, lol.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
What kinda plate was it :lol: mine took 1 week to put on retention

as for the log book i'd be kicking up a bit more of a fuss with DVLA
45 CB lol

and i had to tell them the car was SORN'ed as i was stripping it, then scrapped and put on retention and have other orignal plate put back on, took so long! they said they might have to come out and inspect it and that :?

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Well my GF bought her car last July, and we only remembered that there was no log book when it came to retax in July.
Go to local post office and there is a form you can fill in.
just say you never received it and its FREE!!! :)

·
Premium Member
34,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just spoke with them on the phone, basically the guy told me that everything has been sorted out correctly on the records but whoever done it simply didn't send out the log book (muppets :slap:) I should recieve it within a week :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts