Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stage 2 GTB from A20DTH grafted onto Z17DTH 🤔. Along with changeover valve delete and modified intake charge pipe.
Grey Art Font Darkness Metal

Bicycle part Engineering Gas Auto part Machine

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Flooring

Automotive lighting Hood Alloy wheel Headlamp Rim

My hybrid turbo from venom turbos failed on me. As per usual my bad habit kicked in Andi instantly thinking.....upgrade opportunity.
I contacted venom to enquire about if they offer a stage 2 blower for the Z17DTH, guess what they don't. Not to be deterred, I started hunting around online for some sort of Stage 2 setup.
I knew that the turbo I dropped onto was going to be bigger than my failed stage 1 venom thing..... But this thing is absolutely huge in comparison!
Currently part way through the job, about to start the design work for the turbo manifold adapter. Once milled it should all come together quite quickly, as most of the other bits required are already here or on order and expected early next week.
I'll try to get as many pics as I can for those who might be interested to see the outcome of this idiotic idea that I have put into motion, but here is a little teaser of failed Stage 1 v's GTB side by side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Automotive design Gadget Font Audio equipment Electric blue

Adapter designed and 3D printed for mock up before any steel is cut (see images)..... I'm anticipating it identifying a few minor adjustments being required, if I had a CAD model for the engine compartment I'd be more confident to start cutting steel. But best practice to do this way, no sense in producing the adapter to find one ore more of the hole centers is out a little.

I plan to complete the mock up tomorrow/maybe Friday depending if time allows.... Keep an eye out for updates 👍

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts