Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted the dash retrimmed in leather aswell but the man said it would cost me 300 quid just to take the dash out :eek: :eek: :eek: so i was like no cant afford it!!! a lad at MAXXD said it would cost me 300 to get it fully retrimmed if i could get it out and hed pick it up!!! anyone know how to get it out!!!! there is no airbag on the steering wheel because im getting an ISOTTA one anyone got any ideas how to take it out??????? or any advice would be great???

·
Registered
322 Posts
have you fitted a sports steering wheel matey? are you sure your allowed to fit a wheel without an airbag? won't that invalidate the MOT or insurance?

wouldn't mind my dash trimed in leather but I thinks its a bloody hard job to get the whole dash out! Be careful as even with the best trimmers the glues they use to stick it to the dash sometimes come unstuck cause of the heat through the screen onto it and so it expands and will ripple and come unstuck, and it will look well crap... think long and hard about having this done... I wouldn't spend £300 on the dash... do it yourself but in either leather or leatherette much cheaper!!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope wont invalidate anythin!!!! but because of the airbags and stuff im worried about doing it to be honest!!!! have you any idea how hard it is to do because i know if i tried to do it myself id F*CK it up big time and this is what im worried about. i really want the dash retrim because i know i will hate opening the door lookin at the awesome seats retrimmed and then lookin at the grey Shitty dashboard and this is what im worried about!!!! how hard is it to retrim the dash board have you ever even tried to attempt any sort of retrim??????

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see i wud but because my car will be done properly if i paint it i know it will be really crap and that i will mess up the interior the same company wanted 200 to paint it but i wanted clear lexus lights instead so opted for those have u painted ures???

·
Registered
322 Posts
no paint will look crap, you want to trim it out, but all you need is a sewing machine and some leatherette fabric, I'm having a go at doing bits of the console in this first to see what its like, I'll post some pics when all done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts