Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need help from anyone knowing the location of the IAT sensor on a corsa sxi 1.2, got a bhp chip of ebay which apparently can increase bhp by 15, increase air flow, Does anyone know if it works

thanks!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it stand for Intake Air Temperature sensor, just ordered a manual from amazon

thanks!!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I can only assume that's the inline gizmo that sits between the top of the airbox and the manifold.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
oh no don't fit it mate it's one of them 2p resistors you can buy from any electrical shop.l it advances the timing making the engine think it's still cold so lets more air in they don't work and cancause serious damage to your engine.but if you want to fit it the iat valve is the big plug that sits near the airbox

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah dont fit it mate prperly buggers up the timing and can cause some serious problems my mate fitted one to his clio and it needed a new air flow meter or somthin after cost him a bomb.
If it was that easy to get 10 bhp for 2p we'd all do it.
people like the guy (or gal) who sold you that should be shot... :x

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Thanks Chewy, that's the one I meant :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to you all! You lot saved me my car engine! Aways ahd the feelign soemthign doggy, especially soemthign so cheap as a resistor, thansk again to you all!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You should consider contacting EBay and putting in a complaint about whoever was selling these things. If the product can lead to serious faults, then the seller shouldn't be selling the product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts