Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ignition barrel snapped today right at the tip. Managed to get the little part that broke off out but got stuck somewhere in there but whatever. Car Is stuck with the ignition on so I have to disconnect the battery and need to bump start it. I also broke the top little notch that holds the ignition barrel in so it keeps popping out and steering lock comes on.
Question is, is there anyway to Swap just the outside of the ignition barrel and keep the inside so I can keep my 2 keys, I have a flip key with central locking and a normal spare key with central locking and don't fancy having to get new keys cut. I do have opcom so I can reprogram the rest.

EDIT: also so i dont have to change the locks.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,370 Posts
Easiest & cheapest would be to change the locks tbh

something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL...368813?hash=item2163633ced:g:HhEAAOSwerZdliya

only need the new blade & take out the transponder chip/fob part from the old standard key & put it in the new one then get a new blade for the flip key (£6 posted 1st class from me) & get it cut
if you get the hu46 blade last time i got one cut it cost me one pound but can cost up to £5

very easy to change i did a guide on how to change the lock set in in the mechanical tutorials

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Managed to get a cheaper fix. Made my own push to start button with switches for the ignition and windows . Still drives with no key in the ignition just have to sort out how to take off steering lock so it doesn't lock while driving

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ignition barrel snapped today right at the tip. Managed to get the little part that broke off out but got stuck somewhere in there but whatever. Car Is stuck with the ignition on so I have to disconnect the battery and need to bump start it. I also broke the top little notch that holds the ignition barrel in so it keeps popping out and steering lock comes on.
Question is, is there anyway to Swap just the outside of the ignition barrel and keep the inside so I can keep my 2 keys, I have a flip key with central locking and a normal spare key with central locking and don't fancy having to get new keys cut. I do have opcom so I can reprogram the rest.

EDIT: also so i dont have to change the locks.
HELLO....to all those that advise taking the car to a garage etc...... have just fitted replacement ignition barrel to a Corsa ( 05 ) came off ebay.... £10..... fitted it because old one had snapped off...(at the end )..as per the one shown on (how to fit).... easy job ..... about 10minutes..... NOTE..... old key is a square shaft and square fob .....replacement is the usual shape key...... we took both key fobs apart and placed the old censor into the new key fob....... the censor is a little oblong block (difficult to identify) looks like part of the actual fob....carefully remove this with tweezers, fit into space in new key..... you now have a key that works with the original transponder....... cost (do it yourself) £10.... the old key will still operate the locks..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.