Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Basically I was out on Saturday parked up and forgot to turn off the lights on my car (insert face palm) and my battery died, thought it would be a simple case of jump starting the car, however when I tried to do this the car would not start but the engine was still turning. After a few tries, the engine stopped turning and the light with a car and spanner started flashing. I called AXA who came out couldn't start the car and pinpointed it to immobiliser issue. I have since taken it to a mechanic who has tried both keys as well as the security code for the car, however the engine is still not turning and the car wont start. Just wondering if anyone has come across this before and can help. Maybe an issue with transponder. My car is a Vauxhall Corsa 2007 1.2 litre

I have not tried the pedal test as the car is still with the mechanic.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ah, it's a Corsa D. Still, Liviu2004 here (and others like Marks152) know plenty. They might need to see some video of what happens, though, as it's difficult to pin problems down from just text.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I knew this before I tried jump starting it, would have saved myself alot of money. Do you know what would be a reasonable amount to pay for reprogramming. Dont want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
It's not the jump start which corrupts BCM but rather the battery voltage slowly decaying. Saving 50 euro on a fresh battery to pay 150 euro reprogramming and 250 euro for car shipping to the garage. Does not make sense to me.

Be sure you update the BCM and ECM software after key learning is done!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
This is what I am fearing with my Modus in Spain while I am in UK and unable to travel. A friend has been running on idle occasionally it but it's become depleted. By the time I get back, I could have trouble with the notoriously fickle French electrics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts