Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Seems a lot of cases are different.

I've no comms now with ecu or immobiliser. Haven't got around for testing for power at the ecu yet, but I do not believe that is the problem. I think mine is a broken CAN wire somewhere.
It's just getting the time to look at it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a look this morning. All ecu power and grounds seemed fine, wiring from ecu to immobiliser seemed fine, CAN at the ecu scoped out a nice clean signal...so before pulling apart the BCM enclosure, decided to try pulling the clocks out.
Did this, everything looked ok. Unplugged the connector, gave it a little clean, connected it back up and all seems to be restored to normal.
Have full comms with all modules and ecu and it's starting and running fine ( well only tried once, and haven't driven it yet ).
But it appears to be back to normal.

I always did have good comms with the dash though which is weird, only lost comms with engine ecu and immobiliser.

But all seems fine for now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, the instrument cluster. just blew them out with an airline. But it was clean anyway, no signs of corrosion or anything and was securely fastened.

makes little sense.

·
Registered
31 Posts
******...knew it seemed too unlikely to be true.

Went back out to start it and it's flashing again lol, no amount of messing with the clocks makes a difference, CAN signal at the clocks is good and clean.

Back to no comms with ecu and immobiliser. Although strangely the headlights also seemed to be messing about when I was working at it....perhaps there is a BCM issue of some sort causing it.
Will try another BCM tomorrow if I get a chance, although that may be futile unless it restores comms with the Immob and ECU.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well, it was the immobiliser ring at the barrel after all.

Some help/advice from liviu2004 and, I bought a new one and programmed it, and all is well now.

The water ingress into BCM enclosure whilst a problem, seems to have been a massive red herring with the two problems appearing at once.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts