Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My car's A/C systems needs a new condenser. I guess it'll replace the dryer too. So, right now I'm wondering:

Do any of the o-ring seal require any "extra help" to seal properly(sealer)?​
Some of the o-ring part numbers are missing from stock, are generic HNBR o-ring assortments good enough? What about NBR?​
Keeping in mind that the system has been full of air and moisture for quite a long time(loooong time...), should I flush it(does it have an expansion/throttle valve that needs to be removed in order to flush it?) and replace the PAG46 oil in the system and compressor? How much oil goes into the compressor? And the dryer? How much in total?​
Are the 3 different condensers interchangeable?​
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Sorry, 4Bolts, I had mine done by professionals. I paid extra money for a Valeo (it did come with a new drier) because I had heard and read that a cheaper one made in Poland can fail quickly. The main thing, apart from moisture, is to be sure to get rid of small particles as they cause damage under pressure. There are some good videos on the subject available on YT.

·
Registered
798 Posts
as we already talked about, try to see if in the options you have manufacturer restriction as in the brake calipers that we saw, anyway I imagine that they will be several manufacturers or change in measures of the same, generally the heating module is VALEO, if not in opel you should tell which of the ones that are in origin with your chassis number

1 - 3 of 3 Posts